Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is the Oldest Dog ever confirmed.

Australian cattle dog Bluey lived 29 years 5 months and 7 days!

The 100th birthday of Bluey, a famous Australian cattle dog born on June 7, 1910, will be celebrated next year by people living in Rochester, a country town 130 miles (209 kilometers) north of Melbourne, Victoria.

Bluey worked among sheep and cattle for 20 years, and survived until Nov. 14, 1939, when he was put down. He had lived f...or 29 years, five months and seven days, on a diet of kangaroos and emus. He was the world's oldest dog, a record that has never been beaten.

John Harley, top dog of the Rochester Historical and Pioneer Society, told OhmyNews "We know about Bluey, in fact the daughter of the man who owned it is still with us and a regular attender of the Anglican church. No doubt there will be some sort of celebration for the oldest dog's centenary."

He said that William Hall, of Rochester, was Bluey's first owner. When William Hall died, his son Les looked after the dog. On the other hand, Wikipedia says Bluey's owner was named Esma Hall, who lived to be 103. It's not known whether she too ate kangaroo and emu meat.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I find this absolutely awesome. I was watching a documentary on life spans of dogs not too long ago. I was amazed as to how long it is claimed ... in the documentary ... that a dog who is fed natural foods such as raw can live. I believe this dog may have been mentioned. I wish I could remember what the name of the program was ... I would link it. :(

Wouldn't it be great if our beloved buddies could be with us for this length of time? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts