Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may be a dumb question but I have no idea if this is normal behavior from an older dog. So our 10 year old dog, Coco, that has never been around other dogs, besides neighbors behind a chain link fence, seems to have naturally taken well with our new 9 week old pup, he has not been aggressive towards him in any way and really seems to enjoy his company. But when ever Cash (new puppy) goes pee Coco runs over and tinkles over it. Is this normal, is he just making sure we all know that the yard is his? Sorry if this is a crazy question just unsure. Thanks.

Melissa

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh... That makes sense, hiding the scent, he is very protective. We have a wood pile out back and Coco paces in front of it and nubs Cash with his nose pushing him away from it if he gets to close. Like maybe a snake is living there or something. He does the same with us will get between things and us to let us know something is there or to protect us from it, like possums, lizards, squirrels etc. Dogs are wonderful! Thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I agree, dogs are wonderful! In my experience, though, most of them are more "possessive" than "protective." For example, Colby will go absolutely nuclear if another dog jumps up on me. I like to think it's that she's being protective, but I know deep down she is telling that other dog, "MINE! Don't touch!" Just a thought... :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Pepper will pee (or try) everywhere another dog has peed. There is even one dog that will lay in the grass and when she gets up, Pepper will pee where she laid down.

Thank dog he doesn't do this in the house!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts