Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog is a shipoo, and is 14 1/2 years old. He's a happy dog with mobility issues, that he takes cbd oil for, and has had most of his teeth taken out. He can't have anymore operations because he has a heart murmur.

I noticed big brown drool coming from his mouth. No indication of anything being wrong previously. He was still eating and being his usual self.
Today his drool was white and red, and he hasn't eaten today.

I made an appointment for the vets for tomorrow, but I'm nervous what to expect.
Is there a possibility they would tell me to euthanize him, or would they just put me on antibiotics?

Also, I have been watering down his kibble for years since he's had teeth problems.

Banned
My dog is a shipoo, and is 14 1/2 years old. He's a happy dog with mobility issues, that he takes cbd oil for, and has had most of his teeth taken out. He can't have anymore operations because he has a heart murmur.

I noticed big brown drool coming from his mouth. No indication of anything being wrong previously. He was still eating and being his usual self.
Today his drool was white and red, and he hasn't eaten today.

I made an appointment for the vets for tomorrow, but I'm nervous what to expect.
Is there a possibility they would tell me to euthanize him, or would they just put me on antibiotics?

Also, I have been watering down his kibble for years since he's had teeth problems.
Drool in and of itself isn't necessarily cause for alarm. Before we jump the gun, lets listen to what the vet is got to say. My spider senses are tingling and telling me this little dog stlll has quite a spell here among the living... 馃暦

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drool in and of itself isn't necessarily cause for alarm. Before we jump the gun, lets listen to what the vet is got to say. My spider senses are tingling and telling me this little dog stlll has quite a spell here among the living... 馃暦
Thank you. I needed to hear that.

Super Moderator
I highly doubt your vet is going to outright tell you to euthanize your dog. If you have a good vet, they're going to tell you what is wrong and how they're going to go about fixing it, but they will be honest about prognosis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts