Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

I'm Susan, the "old dog" in the title. :)

I was raised with dogs of all kinds from birth until I got married. My then-husband didn't like dogs, so I was dog-less for almost 30 years! I am no longer married to the non-dog lover, teehee, and am lucky enough to be living with a man who loves dogs as much as I do. We have accumulated 4 dogs in the past 8 months! We already had 2 cats, so now we have a mixed pack of 6. EEK

Our first dog was a stray we took in thinking it was a Doberman pup. Turns out Rascal's a German Pinscher, about 3 years old now. Anyone else have a GP??

Our second is actually not ours permanently. My son sought out and bought a Finnish Spitz from a reputable breeder about 18 months ago. This past summer, they moved in with us and the son joined the Army. So, Mikko has been ours while the son was away at Basics and soon to be away again for more training... so, he's ours, but long-term-temporarily, if that makes any sense.

Soon after Mikko joined the household, another stray adopted us. Rowdy is a mixed breed... Border Collie/Lab, we believe. He's about a year old, and the smartest dog I have EVER had. Rowdy stories coming.... LOL

Then, about 5 weeks ago, I found Bella at a kennel and fell instantly in love. So the little girl, a Shiba Inu, joined our pack. She's 5 months old, today.

All the boys are neutered, and Bella will be spayed very soon. For the most part, they are well behaved, loving pets. But they all have their less-than-stellar moments. And it's been a very long time since I trained a puppy.

So, this old dog needs some new tricks..... :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow, welcome! It's too bad you were dog-less for 30 years! But I'm glad you're back in the world of dogs, yay! I am so jealous you have a Finnish Spitz in the household! Really, really want! You found a Shiba in a kennel? Wow, is she purebred? I am a fan of them as well. I've got a crew of 6 in my house as well, except, 3 dogs and 3 cats o_O
Welcome to DF!

·
Registered
262 Posts
How cool Bikermama, sounds like you are making up for lost time...the exes loss was your gain, no doubt.
Welcome to the Forum, great people here with lots of good threads to explore about every dog-thing under the sun, and if you don't find it you are welcome to start your own.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Hello and welcome! Sounds like you are making up for lost time! Good for you! :) Will be looking forward to pics. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, welcome! It's too bad you were dog-less for 30 years! But I'm glad you're back in the world of dogs, yay! I am so jealous you have a Finnish Spitz in the household! Really, really want! You found a Shiba in a kennel? Wow, is she purebred? I am a fan of them as well. I've got a crew of 6 in my house as well, except, 3 dogs and 3 cats o_O
Welcome to DF!
Bella is purebred, papers and all... :) And Mikko?? LOL He is a sweetie, very affectionate, but good Lord, also VERY vocal. And the 2 of them, Bella and Mikko, seem to have a love/hate relationship. She'll be all cuddled up next to him, licking his ears and then she'll yelp at him and stalk off in a huff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts