Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd post a quick Bella update.

Thankfully there is still no sign of metastasis from the osteosarcoma a year and a half later (knocking on a forest of trees!) and she's still happy, energetic and very much Bella :)

There have been a few bumps in the road, though - she's been going to physical therapy to heal a pulled groin muscle - which has helped, but we're going to try some acupuncture, too. She just doesn't understand that she can't leap onto the bed from five feet away anymore - and she does things like that when I least expect it and can't stop her in time. uugh.

I also found what I thought was a tick on her a few weeks ago - turned out it was a melanoma. Had it removed and further lab testing showed it was a benign hamartoma. There aren't any further issues expected from it, thank goodness!

I've also been having some pretty bad anxiety problems for the past year and a half, but that's for a different forum. The important thing is I still have my Bella Boo with me - and I couldn't be more grateful for that! She is my everything.

Here's a couple Bells pics. :)

"It's Monday morning already? Do you really have to leave??"

Bella and her new Get Well Toy after "melanoma" surgery

·
Super Moderator
2,434 Posts
I'm glad she's doing well! A year and a half after osteosarcoma is nothing to sneeze at. Hope she has many more (and figures out she can't jump on everything soon, haha).

Feel you on the anxiety issues too, and am wishing you all the best.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Sorry I don't post too often - I'm scared I'll jinx her! Prolly part of the anxiety issue. :(

And....of course....
Last night she started vomiting a little....her stomach was empty, so I'm thinking she was hungry or something. I did start changing over her food a few weeks ago (heard some bad rumors about grain-free diets and heart disease) - we're at the 50/50 point now, so I think that might be the main cause. There is some chicken meal in this new food - and she doesn't do very well with chicken. I shoulda known...why do I have to go and mess with things??

Has anyone tried acupuncture on their dogs? I'm really hoping it helps. I'd like to be able to get back to doing some semi-normal activities with her again. And she really misses going to daycare on Fridays! Only thing I'm concerned about is she gets really excited when it comes to new people and places...hoping she can sit still long enough!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much MG! :)

So....got home from work Friday and found out why her belly was not feeling well. Took me a minute or two to figure out that this wasn't a pickle that she had somehow taken out of the fridge...and the jar...then put it back....lol

I knew she had been nibbling on the grass a bit...but I had no idea she turned lawn-mower when my back was turned!

(I put the penny there for scale)

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Awww Bella! I'm glad the grass is out of her system. She is so endearing and sweet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts