Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I am holding the keys to a multi-million dollar beach house in San Diego :rockon: It's Glenn's grandparents' and they said we could use it this weekend. Just me and the hubby. Oh yeah. Have a good weekend everybody. I'm going to go pack!

·
Registered
166 Posts
but I am holding the keys to a multi-million dollar beach house in San Diego :rockon: It's Glenn's grandparents' and they said we could use it this weekend. Just me and the hubby. Oh yeah. Have a good weekend everybody. I'm going to go pack!
That's sooooo awesome! Lol I'll admit that I am a bit jealous lol but * whistles* can you blame me? I hope you and the hubby have fun this weekend :)

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now if you had said you got the keys to a log cabin deep in the woods then I might have to steal them.
Log cabins are more my thing too. His grandparents do own 2 mountain homes too; maybe we could borrow one of those next. ;) The amount of money they have blows my mind. I half expected a stack of dollar bills in the bathroom instead of toilet paper.
This place turned out to be a condo up on the 30th floor of the nicest flippin building in downtown San Diego, right by the harbor and Petco park. It took up 1/3 of the entire floor and had glass walls with the most incredible view. We were only a tad bit out of our element. Our little dirty toyota pickup blended in nicely with the Bentley next to it in the parking garage and we certainly didnt stand out at all in our flip-flops and tank tops ;) It was so much fun! They even had a dog expo across the way! Tons and tons of dogs and booths; I got a bunch of free stuff and a new water thingie and some socks for ET and a lot more. I took lots of pictures of the condo, but none of them even begin to do it justice. I hope they let us use it again!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wow! That's great! Have a wonderful time! Just remember to come back! LOL!:wave:
I'm back! I'm putting a few pictures on photobucket right now.

The building. We were at the top.

view from the balcony

sorry for the bad picture quality. I just couldnt get the lighting right with all that sunshine coming through the windows

I would give my right arm for this bed. I never knew a bed could be so comfortable. OMG.

It was a rough weekend

this little dog cracked me up. Its owner was a huge tough-looking tattooed guy :)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I was at Petco Park for the Padres games on Saturday and Sunday...Did you see me there? LOL! A lot of my friends went to the dog expo. If you saw some Cavaliers there, I probably knew their owners....a group was going. I had to miss it because I was watching my Padres beat up on the Rockies.

I am amazed at the number of high rise residences there are in downtown now. I know a lot of people who live downtown. It would be fun for a weekend or a vacation, but too congested for me personally to live there full time. Those are some really gorgeous views. Glad you had a great time. Be nice to Grandma and Grandpa!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a small world! You probably saw the condo then. How funny! I wonder if we walked past each other? I could never ever live in a place like that, but it sure was fun to visit.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
What a small world! You probably saw the condo then. How funny! I wonder if we walked past each other?
Could be! We park at the Convention Center and walk to Petco Park for the games. (We have mini season tickets). You could have seen us walking to the park.
The views from those homes are so amazing. I can't even imagine looking out those windows. I would probably just sit there all day and watch the bay and ocean and get absolutely nothing done.

Do your grandparents rent out the home for ComicCon? Maybe Angelina Jolie slept there a couple of weeks ago. Good thing you weren't there then, the crowds from ComicCon are beyond nuts.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They've never rented this one out yet, but they're thinking about it. For a measly $12,000 a month! I hope they dont, I really want to go back soon. There's so much to do there!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Wow!!! What a view! Heights bother me,...but I think I could have handled it just once to be in that room! Glad you had a good time. So beautiful. Of course I have been living out here in the woods on a lake for so long I forgot the city existed....other than Saturday's going to town 30 miles for groceries! LOL! And that little dog was cute!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts