Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. Well the title says it all..
I went into a lovely groomers looking for a puppy trim on my little Mr. Merlin.

I came out with a shaved rat!!! I was in tears!

I expected something like this...
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images15/schnoodleReaganRegafthrcut.JPG

and came out with...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/302493_10100183407224130_1221327038_n.jpg

They shaved his legs etc... I wanted the lovely long hair on the legs :/

I have to say it is most likely my fault as I didn't describe it very well. I will bring a picture the next time :/

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
If you asked for a "Puppy Cut" I can understand why they gave you what they did. Usually puppy cuts are one length all over except the head which is usually left a little longer. Next time ask for a "Schnauzer cut" if they are knowledgeable they should understand that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair.
I did suggest it "the schnauzer cut" and she mentioned that I could do that next time and stick with the trim. I misunderstood and I am at fault and really thought it as a trim. Luckily hair grows quickly

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
No. I did not. However, the one and only time I took my icie to the groomer I took her for a lo-shed treatment and stressed that I didn't want them to touch her with clippees nor with a furminator. When I say that I stressed it I mean that I told the woman multiple times, told every employee in the salon, and made her write it down.

At least it'll grow back and she (he?) does look cute :)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
He still looks cute to me!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don't think he has the right kind of coat for that Schnauzer cut though. He has more of the poodle coat versus the schnauzer coat.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I think this is what the OP might be looking to get (except with a fluffy face instead of a shaved face)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this is what the OP might be looking to get (except with a fluffy face instead of a shaved face)
That is more poodle than I want. LOL

I believe his coat is relatively typical of a schnauzer, but I could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
No, I didn't.
Roonie is a Schnauzer/Poodle. He has a more poodle coat but the schnauzer cut doesn't look bad on him at all. The only reason we don't do it anymore is that he tangles so badly. We compromise. We get a full schnauzer face, summer cut schnauzer on the body and a poof on the tail.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think the clip is adorable, but if it's not what you want, then yes, take a picture next time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Oh ok. The first pic was a schnoodle so I was confused. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like his coat is curly? I've never seen that on a schnauzer before.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ok, something seems off. Schnauzers never have curly costs from what I've learned. This might sound stupid, but there's no way he's a mix right? Is he from a responsible breeder?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ok, something seems off. Schnauzers never have curly costs from what I've learned. This might sound stupid, but there's no way he's a mix right? Is he from a responsible breeder?
he still has his puppy coat, and I've seen a lot of curly schnauzers when their hair is kept short

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I kind of cried ... I was the groomer with the clippers the first time! Lol! They looked rather "patchy" :/ :D

Merlin is still adorable ... and like you say .. it will grow!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts