Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a miniature schnauzer, Kaya, who turns 4 on May 30th. Just a few days ago she had emergency surgery to remove a large number of bladder stones.
stones1.jpg
There were at least 3 very large stones and several small stones. She's doing about as well as expected. She's slowly becoming more active with the help of her pain pills and antibiotics. However, when she's sleeping or resting on her blankets, I almost always find that she's soiled herself. She's basically incontinent at the moment. When she's awake and moving around, she will go - or try to make it - to the potty pads I have set down for her while she heals.
Her incision is looking great and she's doing a good job of leaving it alone without an E-collar. So I was wondering if it would be safe to use diapers on her during this period until she can regain control of her bladder? My main concern is the material rubbing against the incision, but mainly I'm concerned about her soiling herself. I cannot bathe her yet and the bath wipes only do so much. I feel bad for her because I know she can't help it.
keesurg.jpg
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't see the harm in it. Maybe you can put something soft like gauze in between the elastic on the belly side so it doesn't irritate it.

So sorry for your girl! Do they know what caused the stones?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts