Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an appointment to meet with a vet, but I am worried I am just being an over paranoid dog owner. Am I just being overly protective of my dog?

I adopted him about 5 months ago. He is almost 2 years old and an australian shepherd/australian cattle dog mix, and I don't know much about his history before I adopted him. I think he might be developing cataracts, because he has a strange, milky blue hue starting to form in his pupils. But, the other things that are worrying me:

-He pees a little bit when he gets highly anxious. He didn't do this before.
-He will start hiccupping for no reason
-He has been panting more than usual
-His eyes are often blood shot, and have been since we adopted him
-He is hungry ALL the time. I feed him 2 1/2 cups of Innova dog food a day, with a bit of Innova soft food mixed in, and throughout the day he will go and lap obsessively at his dog food bowl like he is starving.

That is it thus far. Am I being crazy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I hadn't even considered that, even though I've done a lot of house sitting for a dog who had Cushings, but I definitely see what you mean. The symptoms do match up.

I am positive he isn't older than 2, though--the previous owners, who had him since he was a puppy, gave him to the Humane Society and told them his age, and also the vet I took him to for his preliminary check up said he was about a year and a half when we got him, about 5 months ago. He also hasn't been on any steroids or any medication, or diagnosed with Cushings, that I know of. He is on heartworm medication right now, but that is it.

Thank you very much, though, I will look more into this and mention it to the vet when I talk to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts