Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New poster, this is a video of my two year old dog. Goes by the name of Teddy, but my wife and mother both refer to hims as "your dog", as in, do you know what your dog did today?

He's a dog's dog, loves the dog park, loves to run, and very seldom barks!

Got him from the humane society, and in typical dog pound lingo, they told us he was part pit bull and part yorky - no way he's pit bull or yorky, slight of build and short hair.

At any rate, glad I found this place.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Hi,

New poster, this is a video of my two year old dog. Goes by the name of Teddy, but my wife and mother both refer to hims as "your dog", as in, do you know what your dog did today?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z5ZOc_-JJ2Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z5ZOc_-JJ2Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He's a dog's dog, loves the dog park, loves to run, and very seldom barks!

Got him from the humane society, and in typical dog pound lingo, they told us he was part pit bull and part yorky - no way he's pit bull or yorky, slight of build and short hair.

At any rate, glad I found this place.
Do you have any still shots or pictures of him?...its hard to see in the video..too much running ....he looks like he is having fun....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He looks like a mix of a mix to me.....I see some GSD and some Pit...I'm pretty sure his parents were probably mixed

what does his tail look like?
Tail is strait and same color as his coat. Little bit of black like his back. Here is another from the side, ironically, I don't seem to have one of his tail.:)

Teddy (puppy).jpg

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Tail is strait and same color as his coat. Little bit of black like his back. Here is another from the side, ironically, I don't seem to have one of his tail.:)

View attachment 7909

Yeah...I would got w/a mix of a mix.....I still see some GSD in there...and a very small bit o' pit or other bully breed...in his body structure

I in no way see Yorkie..LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our vet thought he may have some Basenji since he very seldom barks (but is vocal with his winning) and is about the right size (perhaps a little big for Basenji's). He does look like a shrunken GSD.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
its not out of the question....but at least around here basenjis are not very common...but ya never know:D

IMO he is more then likely a mixture of 3,4 or even 5 different breeds.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hard to say, maybe some cattle dog in there? The stocky body and those great ears ! I love mix breeds. All of my dogs have been mixed rescues so I have a special place in my heart for them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts