Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking my E-mail a few minutes ago and it seems in the Dog News Examiner ... Governor Kasich signed HB 14 into law.

By doing so, the era of discriminating against Pit bulls, solely because of their breed, has ended.

Prior to the passing of this legislation, Ohio was the only state which codified canine profiling. Pit bulls were designated as "dangerous" solely because of their breed.

Thankfully, that infamous designation is over.

Now, Ohio will instead designate dogs as "dangerous" or "vicious" based on behavior instead of breed (and appearance).

According to a release from Best Friends Animal Society, the new legislation also prohibits convicted felons from owning an unsterilized dog for three years following their release from prison.

Good job Ohio - this change has been a long time coming. Thanks to everyone who signed petitions and spoke up to make this new legislation happen.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Ohio ends discrimination of Pit Bulls - National Dogs | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-nat...lls?CID=examiner_alerts_article#ixzz1n4ERfKGG

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw this earlier on FB!

Cross your fingers and hope that Denver can learn a thing or two from this.
You betcha!!! ........ I wish a lot of people would learn a lot about this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts