Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About an hour ago, Basil threw up all his kibble. I checked for inedibles he may have swallowed, but I didn't see any. Basil seemed a little grumpy, afterwards, but acted otherwise normal.

Well, a few minutes ago, he threw up again. The first pile looked like white foam, but the second three or four were bright yellow. I called the vet, and she asked me some questions like if he had eaten anything inedible or if there was grass in it (both were a no, since he's an indoor dog and he's always tethered to me). She reassured me that sometimes hot weather does weird things to pets and told me to watch him and call in the morning if he hasn't gotten any better.

I offered him a little bit of food and water, since he's now got an empty stomach, but he refused it. We haven't been on any walks today, but we took him on a quick trip to Sonic with us earlier today, and the car was pretty hot, and the AC is broken upstairs so it's pretty hot up there, too. The only other thing I could think of, is my boyfriend's mom gave Basil a piece of lunchmeat ham last night, but I didn't think it would be a problem, should I forbid such treats?

Ugh, I'm just so worried... I just hope nothing is wrong with my little guy... He's acting all grumpy and not himself... And hes my first dog, so I've never dealt with anything like this before! I guess I just need some reassurance. Send some good vibes Basil's way if y'all don't mind :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Patchs got sick about a week after i brought her home. The vet said the same thing to me. We think she just got overheated b/c she had been playing pretty hard.

I gave her access to JUST room temp. water for about 12 hrs and tried to keep her cool and quiet. I also had a fan running in the room and she was laying about 20 feet from it. The next morning I browned off about 1/2 of scrambled hambuger for her. She hadn't eaten for about 15 hrs and I hand fed her the burger. She ate it all. Later in the day I hand fed her some of her food but not alot.

She was back to normal in about 2 days.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Sometimes dogs can't don't handle certain foods very well. Mine will get sick on 6oz. of turkey and most other 'pure' meats so, they get just a sprinkling on top of their kibble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts