Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately I have been doing lots of research on raw feeding and today I officially took the plunge into feeding my dogs raw! They both got the bony pieces of a chicken that I purchased (need more experience butchering them though.. that was a mess) and thoroughly enjoyed it. My biggest worry though is that I am not going to provide enough variety and correct amounts, even though I have done lots of reading and know what to give them. So my question to all of you is, is raw feeding a lot less intimidating as time goes by? Do you eventually get to the point where you know what you're giving and base their meals off of how they are instead of a set schedule?

I'm really excited to have finally made the switch, although my family is less than happy with me.. oh well. Happy, healthy dogs are more important ;)

All answers are appreciated!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
It definitely gets easier! For me it was scary at first. I was really worried I wasn't going to do the right thing and would end up not giving my dogs everything they need. Continue reading, and asking for advice and support whenever you need it no matter how silly you think your question is.

From the sounds of it you're doing prey model raw? Meat, bones, organs, and no plants or dairy? That's how I feed, and many others here too.

Your family will be happy will they see the changes!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sibe, I am doing prey model raw. I'm pretty sure I read almost every single one of your posts and watched all of your videos to make sure I learned all that I could (not to sound creepy or anything :p). Since I just started I haven't given any organs because I don't want them to get upset stomachs, doing just chicken backs for a few days then going to start adding quarters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts