Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 9322 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Do you use anything? I bought a small size of mushers secret and boots the other day. Hopefully will be here early next week.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
No .... I generally try and stay out of deep snow and we don't have regular roads with salt here at the lake. They use grit. My dogs refuse boots. :/ If they get too cold we just go back home and do something inside. In fact Abbylynn was just outside with me and she was running and playing for all she was worth in the snow ... and it is only 27 degrees right now. It didn't bother her in the least today.

·
Banned
7,725 Posts
Why did I never consider owning Dobermans before?

Seriously. I have always been leery of them for some reason, probably lack of exposure. Significant other has two and I love them!

They have a little goofier of a personality with their owners (much like a pittie!) than GSDs do, same work ethic and personality with other people and dogs that GSDs have, but they have a short coat like a Pittie! They're like... my current two favorite breeds put together! What's wrong with me?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Why did I never consider owning Dobermans before?

Seriously. I have always been leery of them for some reason, probably lack of exposure. Significant other has two and I love them!

They have a little goofier of a personality with their owners (much like a pittie!) than GSDs do, same work ethic and personality with other people and dogs that GSDs have, but they have a short coat like a Pittie! They're like... my current two favorite breeds put together! What's wrong with me?
One of my neighbours has a dobbie and she is the sweetest thing ever. She is so smart and has amazing recall. She's also very aloof which I love. She is chocolate and doesn't have her ears clipped. She is stunning. Makes me want one too!

On a rant, why do strangers feel like it's okay to approach me to tell me that my dog looks like a Hyena? It's happened 3 times now. My poor Jewel is going to get a complex!

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Lol dobermans always remind me of a houndour / houndoom (Pokemon), in fact, if I ever got one I would consider namin it either houndour or houndoom xD. I had a rescue dobie years back, I always told myself I would have another one ... But the ear cropping care (natural eared dobie don't appeal to me) kind of side me nervous lol.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Random fact of the day: I learned a lot about dogs through a virtual pet computer game called Dogz years ago. I learned most of what I know about conformation and breeds from the Petz Kennel Club, which is where people would "show" their virtual Dogz. I spent a lot of time on their forum, which is how I ended up here.

I've always wanted to ask if anyone else here has played that game/showed at the PKC before? Or am I the only lameness?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Random fact of the day: I learned a lot about dogs through a virtual pet computer game called Dogz years ago. I learned most of what I know about conformation and breeds from the Petz Kennel Club, which is where people would "show" their virtual Dogz. I spent a lot of time on their forum, which is how I ended up here.

I've always wanted to ask if anyone else here has played that game/showed at the PKC before? Or am I the only lameness?
haha I remember it, but only vaguely! pretty sure I played a little, but I don't remember much :p

my random rant: stupid dog owners. ok so we had these 2 dogs come in together at the kennel yesterday, well a few hours later, 1 started attacking the other(as they were coming in from their exercise time) it a Husky and a Pittie, the Husky attacked the pit. he put a tiny bit on the pitties ear, a bite on his nose and the main one, a big cut on the inside of his lower eyelid, this was concerning for obvious reasons! so I call the dogs owner, and the response I get is this " oh ya, they do that all the time, thats what all those whites scars on him are from! doe he need stitches?" me-he doesn't need stitches, my primary concern is his eye, the damage appears primarily to his lower inner eyelid, but because of the location his eye could have been damaged, and should really be checked out. him-"eh, he's fine, just leave it, they go at it all the time! long as he doesn't need stitches, just leave it!" all of us were just flabbergasted..like seriously? there are so many things wrong with that! first of all, they go at it like that "all the time"? to the point that asking if he needs STITCHES as a result is a casual question? second, its his EYE!!!! like good grief, I am casual about minor injuries too, but a cut that close to the eyeball ain't something to mess with, its only yours dogs SIGHT for heavens sake!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts

I loved that game! They also made one called babyz. I liked that one too!

·
Registered
10,837 Posts

Is it related to the Dog Dayzz game? I played that for a hot minute!

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
^No it's not at all! haha! I played Petz, been thinking about getting back into it. I showed in the PKC, specialized in Chihuahuas. I had some real winners :) I learned a lot about showing from PKC too!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Yay I'm not alone!

TWAB - Never heard of that, don't believe it is related.

That's awesome Kayota! I was all over the place with breeds. I eventually landed on Tosas (the one in the pic was my favorite Ch.) and stuck with them until the end of my career there. I also hexed a few breeds in my day. They are super outdated now, but most in the PKC world knew my Hurricane Aussie file the best I think. Obviously, Aussies have always been my favorite breed. :) There were plenty of times I wanted to return, but I no longer have the e-mail that had my password.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

I still own the disc of Dogz 5,played it a little even recently. I played catz 1,catz gameboy,catz 2,oddballz,dogz 3,dogz 4,and catz 5 as well. I didn't hex,but did to a tiny bit of showing.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
had the best phone call ever at work today! it was so ridiculous it made my day lol

ok so I work in a boarding kennel, this morning this guy calls and he tells me is story, first he tells be about his dogs, TEN Mastiffs! 6 are 5 month old puppies, 2 of the adults are "kinda sketchy", he says he needs boarding for 7 nights for all 10 mastiffs...at this point I am already guessing the next part, he goes "so here is my dilemma..I don't have any money, can I write you a post dated cheque?" :laugh: *cue historical laughter in my head* I tell him, no I cannot accept a post dated cheque, he asks what he would need, so with the sketchiness of this whole situation I tell him I would need payment in full up front, he asked what that would be, I quoted him $192/night and that was being NICE by allowing him to do 2 adults per kennel and 3 puppies per kennel, which is iffy enough on its own, but he obviously wasn't gonna take it anyway. he balks at the price and asks if he could get a "package deal" I said not that I can personally do, he could talk to the owner, but he's not in right now.. so the guy asks for the owners CELL number.. I said no...and he hung up on me lol.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
had the best phone call ever at work today! it was so ridiculous it made my day lol

ok so I work in a boarding kennel, this morning this guy calls and he tells me is story, first he tells be about his dogs, TEN Mastiffs! 6 are 5 month old puppies, 2 of the adults are "kinda sketchy", he says he needs boarding for 7 nights for all 10 mastiffs...at this point I am already guessing the next part, he goes "so here is my dilemma..I don't have any money, can I write you a post dated cheque?" :laugh: *cue historical laughter in my head* I tell him, no I cannot accept a post dated cheque, he asks what he would need, so with the sketchiness of this whole situation I tell him I would need payment in full up front, he asked what that would be, I quoted him $192/night and that was being NICE by allowing him to do 2 adults per kennel and 3 puppies per kennel, which is iffy enough on its own, but he obviously wasn't gonna take it anyway. he balks at the price and asks if he could get a "package deal" I said not that I can personally do, he could talk to the owner, but he's not in right now.. so the guy asks for the owners CELL number.. I said no...and he hung up on me lol.
Hahaha I get a kick out of the weird/entitled. I process applications for a huge rescue transport group and I get some really bizarre requests and then demands to make requests priority. Sure, I'll just delete the whole transport calender and add you first, because you are a special, special snow flake.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I played Petz too! I even showed with the PKC briefly. Ivory Kennels & Cattery, I think. I had Munchkins (catz) mostly, a couple champions. Ha! Is PKC still active?

So tomorrow AM I have a biochemistry final exam. Gypsy has been an angel all day long, despite absolutely no exercise because of me studying. Tonight, to get us out of the house, we drove to Starbucks. It occurred to me that Gyp likes that place as much as I do. She suckered up to the baristas, and they gave her a 'puppy whip,' basically whipped cream in a cup. Haha.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
What a night!!

Got home from school and find the banged up cat who is now stealing the heat from the vent,lol. Then have to rush my brother to his basketball game,right infront of the school is a wreck. So it takes an extra 5 minutes. Have to drive back into town(my schools in the country) have to take back roads to miss the wreck and pick up pizzas for the basketball game. When I get into town I about hit a fox. After that mink heart attack I get pizzas take back roads again back to the school and work the game. Ask my teacher about his finals(I'm in 2 of his classes), get home and fix the cat up a better bed. Seperate one of my 2 visitor cats from him. My dad needed sprite(he's sick) so back up to the gas station I go. Finally come.home and relax. I'm now watching how the grinch stole Christmas,waiting for my mom to get home from work.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Yay I'm not alone!

TWAB - Never heard of that, don't believe it is related.

That's awesome Kayota! I was all over the place with breeds. I eventually landed on Tosas (the one in the pic was my favorite Ch.) and stuck with them until the end of my career there. I also hexed a few breeds in my day. They are super outdated now, but most in the PKC world knew my Hurricane Aussie file the best I think. Obviously, Aussies have always been my favorite breed. :) There were plenty of times I wanted to return, but I no longer have the e-mail that had my password.
OH MY GOSH you made the Hurricane Aussie? AHHHHH I'm gonna faint... That's one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE files! <3!!! People still use it ya know! It's actually rather hard to find these days :p

Kirsten&Gypsy--Last I checked it's fairly active and they even get new members semi-regularly. I think it really says something about the game that it has maintained a fairly large fanbase this long. There really isn't anything like it.

edit: Here are some of my Chihuahuas... I hexed or bred all of these except the first one. I also had an extreme piebald merle but his pic isn't on my photobucket for some reason.

41 - 60 of 9322 Posts