Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Off leash training the hard way!

736 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Amaryllis 
#1 · (Edited)
So today I found out the hard way that my 1 year old would be ok off leash walking home(even though I still wouldn't risk it)

We had just taken our girl for her daily run at the beach and we were about half way home in a busy area when this big black lab came charging at my girl indie from about 100 meters away. Barking, hackles up, growling. Showing signs off aggressive behavior. He kept following us and trying to get at indie so I kept fending him off.
Indie slipped her lead and I thought she was gonna take off as she is normally very skittish. Instead she just heeled the hole time and pretty much ignored the dog.

I walked her off lead the rest of the way home and gave her a big pat and early dinner as a treat. I was so happy with her reaction and I feel like all my hard work is paying off!

All the puppy terrors are worth it :)
:clap2:

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I did say the beginning of the post I wouldn't risk it. (just pointing that out)I was just happy at her reaction to the hole situation. I have only had her for 6 months so I'm happy with her progress considering she is just over a year old. And very skittish. Have to admit I was a bit scared of the situation also. It was a nice surprise out of a nasty one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.