Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning, and every evening, I fill two dog dishes with food, and two with water. Every morning and every evening, my two dogs stand side by side and clean out one dish of kibble, and one dish of water. Then they side step in choreographed style until they reach the other set of dishes, and do the same thing.

Zoey has this strange laundry addiction. She couldn't care less when its clean laundry in the basket, or tipped onto the floor, but once I sit down and start folding, she's all over it. Nonchalantly stretching her legs out until she knocks down a tower of folded towels, draping herself over piles of folded kids laundry, or walking circles around a stack of folded laundry, getting closer, closer, closer until she's just close enough to tip it over, then zip away in an "I totally did not do that" kind of way.

Ziva hoards socks in the back of her crate, under her blanket.

Zoey cant leave wet hair alone. If you wash your hair, and then come out to the living room, she's immediately behind you on the couch, licking it, using her paws to hold your head still. My youngest son is short....she'll actually stand behind him, paws on his shoulders, walking down the hall with him, licking his wet hair.

What odd things do your dogs do?

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Leeo and Blu Boy are my laundry assistants. I have a washer that loves to get off balance. The dogs will bark and run as fast as they can down to the basement when they hear the banging noise and stand in front of the washer until I come down and fix the load of clothes. :/

I feed all three dogs at the same time. The two little ones eat side by side. They are ok with this. Abbylynn has to eat in a different room because Blu Boy is food aggressive with her. She will finish her dinner in the other room and come back to the kitchen where the other two are eating and stand across the room staring at them. Once the little ones finish their food and walk away ... Abbylynn has to go and finish licking their bowls clean. If I do not allow this she whines at me like I am a mean Mom.

Abbylynn hides all the toys underneath the couch so Leeo cannot have them. :/ Poor Blu Boy is so passive he just lets nothing bother him except his food and Abbylynn. He does however re-make every bed in the house every morning of his life. :/

Leeo has his own dog bed. But he will sit in Abbylynn's bed until either I make him get out or until he decides it is time to let Abbylynn have her bed back. :/ He also does this with toys and treats and chew bones ... he is a dictator. Lol! :) ...... like this yesterday ( I happened to take a pic because I just finished moving myself from the basement into the upstairs extra bedroom) ...... not his bed .....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea some does tend to have some of there odd doings or mannerism. Which we can't really blame them even if we teach them since it's we know those are just a part of there attitude.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Neeka has a 'spot' on the sofa and if anything is on there she'll glare at it, then glare at you until you move it. If you don't, she'll paw your leg or the sofa to try to get you to move it. It's always been the TV remote or some papers (I do my schoolwork on the other side of the sofa) but the other day she did it when SiSi was lying there XP Cheeky poodle. I told her to buzz off and she did, but she looked pretty miffed.

Back when we free fed (before SiSi got fat) we only used one bowl because Neeka would always eat SiSi's, then some of her own and SiSi would eat after. It was pretty pointless having two so they shared bowls for a long time.

Neeka hates swimming and gets really upset and starts whining and howling if we go in and leave her on shore.

If you sneeze at SiSi, she'll sneeze back.

Neeka will take stuff she doesn't like a pile it in the backyard. We thought she liked watermelon until we went back there and found a whole pile of the watermelon rinds we left her. SiSi also doesn't like fruit, but will chew up carrots into a pulp and then spit them out.

So odd... Teehee, Abbylynn, my dogs hide toys and steal each other's beds too (actually more often it's the cat stealing the dog beds)

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Ellibell - Hiding toys is pretty cool when it comes time to vacuum ... you don't have to pick them up out of your way and if you do ... they are all in one area to make it easier! Lol! :)

osdbmom - Leeo gets away with way too much because of his looks! Lol! :) Thank you for the compliment.

·
Registered
943 Posts
My Shiba does some weird things occasionally, a few off the top of my head are, he's also addicted to laundry; but particularly dirty underwear.. (I know, gross). When he's interested in getting into the dirty underwear he will go out of his way, knock down the dirty laundry basket, and pick out all the underwear, mine in particular, and shred them to bits. The dog does not destroy anything else what so ever (not even dog toys) just MY underwear. I'm sure this isn't strange behavoir as I know lots of other dogs that do it, but no matter how badly I punish him, he continues to do it, and when he does do it, he hides somewhere so I can't find him. He knows he's in trouble long before I've discovered the shredded undies. I've managed to keep this behavoir at bay lately though shutting the laundry basket in my walk in closet and closing the bedroom door when i'm not around. But he will go as far as to bring a pair of undies on the bed in the middle of the night and shred them right in front of my face while I sleep. Sometimes I think this is the common manipulative, stubborn Shiba trait punishing ME for something or other.

Cash also has this weird thing where when he wants attention (And if you know Shiba's, you know that they better get attention when they want it..or else), if he's running circles and lightly jumping up on me for affection and I ignore him, he nips at my calves and ankles, like a herding dog; only he's not herding me, he's telling me to stop doing whatever it is i'm doing and pet him RIGHT NOW!

Another thing that comes to mind is when I give him a bully stick or a raw marrow bone, he'll snatch it from me and run upstairs, and if i'm busy cleaning or doing something around the house and not really paying attention, and I have left the bedroom door open, he buries it under my pillow, or in any peice of furniture he can access while i'm not looking. Eventually I"ve obvioulsy learned this and I will eventually go and find it, while he's not looking, and take it away. He will then rush up to where he's hiddin his bone , realize i've taken it and then come chase me and nip at my legs and glare at me "GIVE IT BACK!!". Believe me.. you can NEVER outsmart a Shiba, and consider yourself in the dog house when you take their belongings away from them lol.

Those are just a few of many really odd behavoirs Cash has, Thumper does some weird things too but its pretty common puppy behavoir, nothing really out of the norm lol.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she sneezes back? thats hysterical. If I sneeze, Zoey runs away in terror, checking behind herself the whole time to make sure the sneeze hasnt become an actual monster thats chasing her.

Everytime I eat a salad, Zoey begs and cries for some of it. If I put some in her dish, she gets all offended like, "I didn't want this crap. I wanted the good stuff in your bowl." lol

Neeka has a 'spot' on the sofa and if anything is on there she'll glare at it, then glare at you until you move it. If you don't, she'll paw your leg or the sofa to try to get you to move it. It's always been the TV remote or some papers (I do my schoolwork on the other side of the sofa) but the other day she did it when SiSi was lying there XP Cheeky poodle. I told her to buzz off and she did, but she looked pretty miffed.

Back when we free fed (before SiSi got fat) we only used one bowl because Neeka would always eat SiSi's, then some of her own and SiSi would eat after. It was pretty pointless having two so they shared bowls for a long time.

Neeka hates swimming and gets really upset and starts whining and howling if we go in and leave her on shore.

If you sneeze at SiSi, she'll sneeze back.

Neeka will take stuff she doesn't like a pile it in the backyard. We thought she liked watermelon until we went back there and found a whole pile of the watermelon rinds we left her. SiSi also doesn't like fruit, but will chew up carrots into a pulp and then spit them out.

So odd... Teehee, Abbylynn, my dogs hide toys and steal each other's beds too (actually more often it's the cat stealing the dog beds)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Kabota has a spot on the couch, and if you're in it, he'll just stare at you. For an hour. If there's something in his spot, like a pillow, he'll hop up on the couch, and stand over the pillow, motionless, staring at it until you move it. I watched him do this for 20 minutes just to see how long he'd do it. I gave up and moved the pillow.

Oh, and if I'm upsetting him by insisting on wiping his paws after a walk (I'm so mean!), he'll sit facing a corner and refuse to look at me.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I just installed the 4th wireless keyboard I've bought in the last 5 months. Aidan tries to remove the USB receivers and in the process, breaks them. It took me awhile to figure that out because Aidan is always with me. He must have been doing this at night while I was asleep. I have solved the problem.

He hides one shoe of each pair he comes across. He will chew the tassels off my husband's loafers, and the high heels on my daughter's sandals (the kind one wears with evening gowns), but he doesn't chew on other shoes.

For the past couple of months, he has his own spot in our small closet, on my husband's side. He has turned it into a den, complete with a blanket and several bully sticks. He loves it when someone crawls into the closet to see him.

He rolls around in the snow only when he is wearing a sweater or his winter coat.

Aidan unzips my teenagers' backpacks for fun, making sure every zipper is open. Naturally, the kids don't discover this (or their missing shoes) until about 30 seconds before the bus comes.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Abbylynn...its just that every pic you post of him he looks so honest and innocent....such big eyes!

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Abbylynn...its just that every pic you post of him he looks so honest and innocent....such big eyes!
He is actually one of the best dogs I have ever owned ... he is really a good boy ... and my heart dog. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
He is actually one of the best dogs I have ever owned ... he is really a good boy ... and my heart dog. :)
That's good for you. I really like to mingle and train dogs that are well behave since most of them can catch up easily with the thing you wanted them to do. And they are there participation is so good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts