Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0708122215.jpg 0708122242.jpg

These spots appeared on Loki (my darling sweety that just turned a year on July 4th, true American Pitbull) at about 8:00 PM on Sunday, July 8th. I gave him 25mg of Diphenhydramine HCl (generic Benadryl) at about 9:30 PM thinking that it was just an allergic reaction but they have since gotten worse and spread. If anyone has seen these before I would appreciate any advice you have. I have scheduled a vet appointment but the next available appointment was not until wednesday so any help I can receive on how to relieve/eliminate these protrusions would be so greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
icck! That looks ugly. I would go with an allergic reaction too. Since the reaction has gotten worse, not better, I would see if you can get her in sooner, or see if another vet has an opening.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hives, probably a reaction to something. Two of mine had been stung, one only had hives, the other started with hives and went into anaphylactic shock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@juliemule that sounds terrible, was she okay? and I gave him another one at 7 AM and it seems to have worked. The hives arent completely gone but they have reduced greatly in size and frequency. Hes had 50mg of diphenhydramine over the past 16 hours, would it hurt to give him another 25mg at about 2 or 3?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yes they were both fine, and no reactions since. You may want to double check with your vet, but I gave 25-50 mg every four hours as needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts