Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this for awhile and thought it was really odd.

my two oldest, Sam and April. when its treat time I have hard and soft.

If I give April her treat first after her trick, she'll take it and spit it out.

So I have Sam do his and give him a treat and he'll eat it right away

Now I do it again with April just handing her the treat and she eats it

What I get from it anyway its like April wants Sam to test it out to see if its tasty enough then she'll eat it lol
Just odd or is there more behind this?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I don't know what to make of that. I too have odd dogs. All three eat at the same time but Abbylynn eats in a different room down the hallway. The little ones eat in the kitchen. I put the food down ... Leeo eats ... Abbylynn eats ... Blu Boy stands and stares down the hall towards the room Abbylynn is eating in. As soon as Abbylynn comes out of the room ... Blu Boy hurries up and starts eating like a mad man! :/ I don't get it either. Blu Boy wasted all that time staring down the hall and could have already eaten? :/

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whhat? thats really old. kinda like abbylynn is done and then Blu boy is like "ha! I still have food and you cant have it Nom!" lol

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
whhat? thats really old. kinda like abbylynn is done and then Blu boy is like "ha! I still have food and you cant have it Nom!" lol
Lol! Yeah ... although he is a wonderful laid back dog ... he is strange! :) You could be right!

Maybe Sam is the top dog and April thinks she has to be second in line?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Cara always spits out the first treat she's given. She'll generally go back and get it at the end of the training session. No idea why she does it as all training sessions are one on one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts