Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maggie tends to nibble on the puppies' necks and roll them over.. a lot. Whenever she's near them she rolls them over. She stops them in their tracks when they're running and tries to control them. Sarge couldn't care less what the puppies do.

I usually stop Maggie when she becomes to excited, because she might jump on them. Is this just a normal behavior for a dog that hasn't been around puppies? Should I allow it? Isn't it what usually happens with dogs (setting the boundaries) Sarge dealt with Maggie as a puppy and he didn't act this way. First day, he just went over to the puppies, placed is paw lightly on them, and that was it.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Are you sure she is actually rolling them over? Could it be that the puppies are showing submission by rolling over pretty much on their own?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
it dosn't sound like a problem to me. my dogs will "nibble" each other sometimes too it's always been a social friendlyness that I've seen. I don't think you should reprimand her for it. but if she gets TOO pushy then just calmly avert her attention back to you with a treat or toy

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Sounds like grooming to me, as long as the pups aren't getting hurt or showing fear, leave it alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts