Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Could anyone recommend a good dog training program in Atlanta (GA) area?

Thank you very much.

·
Super Moderator
2,970 Posts
If I were you, I would contact local shelters in your area and ask them for recommendations. Often, rescues and shelters work with local trainers, so they might have a better idea. Make sure to choose a positive, force free trainer!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I don't live anywhere near Georgia, so I can't make any recommendations based on personal experience.

However, I did have a quick glance at the Atlanta Obedience Club website and it looked ok as far as I can tell. Usually dog obedience clubs are a pretty good place to start your search. They're typically far better than petsmart, for example, and one-off training establishments can be really hit or miss in terms of quality of instruction. Obedience clubs, on the other hand, will likely have a range of classes to suit everything from entry level and puppy classes all the way up to high level competition classes. And they're usually staffed by knowledgeable instructors.

I would probably begin by contacting them, briefly state what it is you're looking for whether it's puppy classes etc. Ask if it's possible to observe a class without your dog. Then, look for happy owners and happy dogs being trained by completely kind methods, and if you like what you see proceed from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts