Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well.. out of the blue last night around 8pm I noticed Oakley's eye (only the one) was very red, upon closer look there was yellow discharge. We wiped his eye clean with a warm, damp cloth and gave him the night to see how things went. In the morning it was the same, so we went to the vet and got BNP Ointment (Bacitracin Zinc 400, Neomycin Sulfate 5mg, Polymyxin B Sulfate 5000)

So far since using this ointment the yellow discharge has reduced in amount, but the red has not gone away. Just wondering if anyone thinks it could be something else, or how long it make take to resolve itself? The vet forgot to mention if it was contagious or not, so I'm assuming not? Although I have found online indications to the contrary.

I feel so bad for the poor guy... :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So.. update, the next morning after taking these photos, his eye was worse and causing him alot of pain. We went back to the vet and she dyed his eye, ended up determining he has Uveitis, which can cause blindness. Luckily we caught it so soon with our worrying. We now have a steroid eye-dropper that we are to use every 4-6 hours. Looks like things are starting to look a lot better. He has a follow up appointment booked for Monday to confirm things, also to find out if he's still contagious, cause he has obedience school Monday night.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to go in the better direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts