Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casper likes the edible Nylabones and I was wondering how often he can have them? Would once a day be too much? We get him the puppy lamb/apple. He is fed Blue Buffallo small breed puppy 3x a day, 1/4 cup each time but I don't want him getting full from the bone and not eating his actual food.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Our dog loves them too, but I won't give her one more than once a week. I could see maybe once every few days not being too bad, but ultimately I find once she eats one she has questionable #2's in the potty department, so I never give them to her more than once a week at this point. Her stomach is sensitive.

In all honesty, I consider that bone to be a treat, despite the name which is "Healthy Edibles". Therefor I'd limit the amount the dog gets as much as possible so that it remains a treat and not a super regular occurrence.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our dog loves them too, but I won't give her one more than once a week. I could see maybe once every few days not being too bad, but ultimately I find once she eats one she has questionable #2's in the potty department, so I never give them to her more than once a week at this point. Her stomach is sensitive.

In all honesty, I consider that bone to be a treat, despite the name which is "Healthy Edibles". Therefor I'd limit the amount the dog gets as much as possible so that it remains a treat and not a super regular occurrence.

OK thanks. Casper also tends to have a sensitive stomach and most times he doesn't even finish his 1/4 of a cup of food, more like an eighth of a cup. I'll do the same and keep it as a weekly treat.

·
Banned
964 Posts
We have the first Nylabone ever made...
Its in perfect condition..
Not one dog Ive ever owned would even look at it...They would rather chew on a leather sofa.
They should furniture from Nylabones...

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Mine love nylas, I have a puppy bone "chicken" flavor & Jo loves it, she chews it all the time, nylas got me through many a teething stage over the 20 yrs I've been having dogs, Izze's esp... Hers were the worst, I went thru two Galileos with her lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts