Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 3 year old golden retriever x street dog (i live in thailand). He is a good dog but very protective of my pure breed female labrador. He has knocked over fences stopping other dogs getting to her which i like. i am planning to breed her so his security is fantastic.

Any way my reason for posting this thread.

I heard a yelp from my lab , this morning, who is on heat at the moment and goes in for a service next week with another male lab. i went to see what was happening and found the male with a large erection and two round balls at the base of his penis. He was castrated. His scrotum was removed and I expect his testicles were removed to. Is it possible for a dog to grow his testicles back and keep them inside the body.

The two dogs were not locked so ejaculation has not taken place. My concern is that he is not sterile. He is a tenacious and clever dog but surely not smart enough to grow his reproductive parts back inside the body.

Anyone know if it is possible.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No offence' but you really have no buisness breeding your dog if you don't even know what that is. The 2 "balls" you see are the bulbus (sp?) glands.

When you nueter a dog you just take away his drive but if he has bred a female before he might still try. Also some dogs are just like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offence taken but isn't this how we learn? asking questions

All my life my pets have been nueted and I have never seen this before.

Yes this is the first time I have attempted to breed a dog. Next time I will not ask any questions and make huge mistakes so you I can be ignorant to the world . Buy things i dont need and get into debt i cannot pay. Oh hang on thats the rest of western society that is to stupid

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
yes you do learn by asking, but there is a thing called research. Research should be done BEFORE you breed your bitch. Just because you have a purebred dog that has a uterus doesn't mean you should breed it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Why are you breeding your female lab? What qualities does she have that make her a good example of the breed, and what have you done to test her structure, temperament, and/or working ability?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
No offence taken but isn't this how we learn? asking questions
I am glad you are willing to learn! that is a step in the right direction, I recommend you hold off on breeding your labrador for now untill you lean more about breeding. It is a very bad idea to rush into this un-informed of what issues will arise from breeding your dog. I'm not saying don't breed your dog I'm just asking that you take a year to learn more about exactly what it is you are choosing to do here what health issues you will have to deal with in the breeding of a litter. The genetic health tests you need to do on your dog and the chosen stud dog as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts