Day two .....

Daydreaming ...

Ahhhhh ...

Now this is the life! :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 6 year old son is sitting next to me going "Awwww!" [scroll down] "Awwww!" LOL :) She is just too cute!
:) Tell him Lucy says Thank You to him.

She is just so skinny. She has not barked yet. She seems to be potty trained ... what a plus. :) She has been following me everywhere today ... she knows where the cook is! Lol! I have been feeding her a 1/3 cup of food every 4 hours. I just boiled some chicken to put in her dinner meal.

I spruced her up a bit with dry doggie shampoo ( Foam ) ... the rescue girls gave me a new can of it to take home ... she was really stinking yesterday! Lol! Her ears are horribly dirty. I just used a damp clean wash cloth on them part way down inside until she sees the vet tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Aaaaawwww (had to join the "awww" wagon!) =)

She still looks a little stunned LOL - but I'm sure you will have her all happy-go-lucky in no time! She certainly looks like she has that bouncy, happy, smiley JRT hidden in her!

You're a terrific person for saving her! She is most lucky :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaaaawwww (had to join the "awww" wagon!) =)

She still looks a little stunned LOL - but I'm sure you will have her all happy-go-lucky in no time! She certainly looks like she has that bouncy, happy, smiley JRT hidden in her!

You're a terrific person for saving her! She is most lucky :)
Awwwwe .... thanks. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is lovely. Congratulations!

What do Blu Boy and Abbylynn think?
They are settling in all together quite nicely. Abbylynn has always been sort of soft. She allows the little dogs to tell her what to do. :) She is the one I would be most concerned with.

Blu Boy is tolerating Lucy fairly well. This is only day three. We will see. :/

Lucy shows her teeth at the other two when they come close to me too quickly? I will have to just be sure it is from being scared yet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just to get my own "awww" in too; what a sweet looking little girl. Those sad limpid eyes will switch over to happy rounded eyes very soon, I think. It sounds like you're feeding her well and planning to mix some wonderful food in with her kibble. What dog would object to that?

I predict a very happy dog and a very happy you in short matter of days.

Agree?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to get my own "awww" in too; what a sweet looking little girl. Those sad limpid eyes will switch over to happy rounded eyes very soon, I think. It sounds like you're feeding her well and planning to mix some wonderful food in with her kibble. What dog would object to that?

I predict a very happy dog and a very happy you in short matter of days.

Agree?
Good morning E. :)

I predict Lucy is already accepted me as her people. Abbylynn was doing her usual growly/barky thing in my face because she wanted something ... and Lucy threw herself onto my lap and bit Abbylynn in the cheek. Then Lucy lay across my lap daring Abbylynn to come closer. Luckily she has not enough teeth to harm. :/ I will have to find a way to curb this behavior though ... even as it may seem flattering at the moment ... it cannot be allowed to escalate.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I love the eyeliner she has going on! Maybe she is considering you a resource and resource guarding you from the other dogs? I always correct my dogs with a firm no and ignore them for a few minutes when they do that. I would hate for a fight to break out because one got snarky with the other.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the eyeliner she has going on! Maybe she is considering you a resource and resource guarding you from the other dogs? I always correct my dogs with a firm no and ignore them for a few minutes when they do that. I would hate for a fight to break out because one got snarky with the other.
I hear ya! In no way do I take this lightly ....

I made Lucy get off of my lap and ignored her for a few minutes and then walked away and ignored her some more. She had been pretty good yesterday so far. She will see she gets no attention this way. Abbylynn is only a little over a year old and still a pup. If she wanted to she could eat Lucy in one quick bite. We cannot have this happening.

Lucy gave me a side walking dance after she saw me when I first came home from being away yesterday and gave me a kiss on the cheek yesterday. That is a first. She is still very new.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I hear ya! In no way do I take this lightly ....

I made Lucy get off of my lap and ignored her for a few minutes and then walked away and ignored her some more. She had been pretty good yesterday so far. She will see she gets no attention this way. Abbylynn is only a little over a year old and still a pup. If she wanted to she could eat Lucy in one quick bite. We cannot have this happening.

Lucy gave me a side walking dance after she saw me when I first came home from being away yesterday and gave me a kiss on the cheek yesterday. That is a first. She is still very new.
I'm having to deal with similar behavior right now too with the puppy I'm foster sitting. Lucky for me I only have to deal with it until Saturday, just hope Jubel's patience lasts that long. Belle is getting a firm "NO" and ignored or put in her crate for a few minutes. I really hope she gets the idea and stops. She's been with me since Wednesday evening and I feel like Jubel is giving me a look of "Why?" when I left Belle out now. I'd like to stop the behavior but not sure it can be done in this short amount of time. Good luck with Lucy and I hope Blu Boy and Abbylynn have the patience to let you fix the problem before they decide to act on it.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm having to deal with similar behavior right now too with the puppy I'm foster sitting. Lucky for me I only have to deal with it until Saturday, just hope Jubel's patience lasts that long. Belle is getting a firm "NO" and ignored or put in her crate for a few minutes. I really hope she gets the idea and stops. She's been with me since Wednesday evening and I feel like Jubel is giving me a look of "Why?" when I left Belle out now. I'd like to stop the behavior but not sure it can be done in this short amount of time. Good luck with Lucy and I hope Blu Boy and Abbylynn have the patience to let you fix the problem before they decide to act on it.
Blu Boy is the most docile dog I have ever met. Abbylynn is pretty soft herself. Leeo controlled everyone! Lol! They probably feel like he is back. But ... I am definitely taking this seriously teeth or not ... the other two have all their teeth.

Thanks for wishing me luck! :) Good luck with your foster ... you still have a few days to go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts