Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
about a special little girl.....remember my little Meghan?...the one in the litter that had all the problems and i wasn't sure was going to "make it"?....well, she has been doing training in rally and the last class they set up a mock trial course and "scored" them....my Little Angel (well, not mine any more, but....) scored a 92 w/ her owner.....how's that for a "pup that should have been PTS" (according to that one trainer/kennel owner [if you remember the post])?....so much for not having the ability for things.....

waiting for spring....

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Wow that's certainly an accomplishment!
She sounds like she has come a loooong way.
I'm really glad that her story has had such a happy ending, although it's far from the end.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Meghan sure has come a very long way.

That little girl had a very tough start, but it looks like she's come into her own now!!!! I am so happy to hear she's doing so well.

I remember that post, and I remember how I felt when I read that comment :mad:

She had a tough start, but she's a fighter and she deserves the very best!

Yay Meghan!!!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess it just shows to go you that you should never judge a book by it's cover nor jump the gun....i have wanted to email the gal that made that statement and give her a piece of my mind, however, 2 people that i care about work there (not to mention Meggie and her owner still going there) and she knows that i know them....so, i don't want to make "waves" for them......

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hooray for Meghan! Doesn't that just give you the warm-fuzzy proud mama feeling. lol :p
Thanks for the happy ending story. ;)

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Way To Go Meghan!!!!! Yes, I DO remember that post! It made me mad reading it, but I think Megs has proven that person's an idiot!!!!!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Way To Go Meghan!!!!! Yes, I DO remember that post! It made me mad reading it, but I think Megs has proven that person's an idiot!!!!!

and then some, Carla, and then some......i knew i didn't give up on the little fighter for a reason.......and her favorite person is still the grandbaby...she just goes gaga over him, i was told.....

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
......and, there's more to this little girls story.....she went to an actual rally trial down in Madison and competed for the 1st time (remember, the 92 was for just a "mock" trial at the end of classes) and has officially qualified.....plus, her owner told me a of her saving her "brother" Fin....apparently he had gotten himself under a corncrib and couldn't find his way back out, so Meggie ran back to get her owner....barked and ran, returned, barked and ran until she (owner) figured out that she needed to follow Meghan....Meghan took her to the corncrib where Fin was "stuck"

man, am i soooo proud of my little Angel Girl.......

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
plus, her owner told me a of her saving her "brother" Fin....apparently he had gotten himself under a corncrib and couldn't find his way back out, so Meggie ran back to get her owner....barked and ran, returned, barked and ran until she (owner) figured out that she needed to follow Meghan....Meghan took her to the corncrib where Fin was "stuck"

Are you sure they didn't name her "Lassie" ? LOL

She sounds like a little firecracker Tir.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you sure they didn't name her "Lassie" ? LOL

She sounds like a little firecracker Tir.
actually, they named her Luna, after Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter....i think they should have come up w/ something better.....:rolleyes:

but, she's always been a pistol....and soooo full of personality....i reeeaaaalllyyy miss having her here....but, i do know it was best for her getting her away from Titch......

·
Registered
714 Posts
i reeeaaaalllyyy miss having her here....but, i do know it was best for her getting her away from Titch......

It seems like one of the hardest decisions you made was the best one. Does she ever come back to visit you or do you just keep in touch by pictures/phone etc?

I hope the heartless one somehow hears of Meg's wonderful rally news. She's had a hard, slow start,,,but I don't think she's finished showing us what she's capable of :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do see her on occasion but it is really hard on both of us (i cry and she tries crawling into my shirt and snuggles as close as she can get) so i try to keep the contact to a minimum for now.....and she's not allowed any contact w/ my pack right now, especially Titch, as it is real hard on her.....but maybe down the road that can change.....so mostly it's by email/pics....

and the one that said that about her is the owner of the place where she takes some of her classes, so, i'm hoping she is eating her words.....but, this woman can be quite opinionated, i hear....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts