Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself as I signed up this morning. I'm planning to do much more reading than posting as I know I have a lot to learn from this site. I recently started to babysit for a family that has (aside from the kids) dogs and cats. The dogs are dachschunds who now live in a city apartment (until a few months ago, they lived in a suburban home with a backyard) with the family and cats. Dogsitting is tangential to the babysitting, but I've fallen in love with the doggies and I want to learn how to care for them and walk them better. The pet parents actually don't know much about formal training themselves so I want to learn. I found this forum when I was googling for tips about dachschunds and found this great forum post on this site , http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-forum/52935-why-my-wifes-dachshunds.html All thoughtful replies on the post were great and I figured this is a wonderful site where I can start learning about dogs (especially dachschunds).

Thank you for the forum and the opportunity to learn here.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Welcome! Yes,this is a great forum and has much interesting and informative information to bone-up-on! ( no pun intended! Lol!)

Pictures are more than welcome too! Love pics of the pups!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Abbylynn, thank you for the welcome! I am still trying to figure out how to upload pictures for the avatar, profile picture, and albums and I can't figure it out yet. Even though they are only my part-time babies, I already have a bunch of pics of the two of them and I'll be happy to share once I figure out the tech stuff. :) Hopefully I'll get it in a few days?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Go to the dog picture forum.....you will find an excellent "stickie" on how to post pictures. That is what I used to figure it all out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts