Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the book called "notes from the grooming table" and I think it is the best book on dogs I have ever seen! It has all the AKC breeds and has extremely helpful notes! It is 55.00 $ though! I rate it 5 star!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dear Groomer: My 4 month old Aussie was traumatized at the Vets while getting his nails trimmed. It took two techs to hold the puppy down and he was so traumatized during this, that he released his anal sacs.

Now I am trying to de sensitize the puppy by handling his paws as much as I can.

Can you recommend anything else to help this puppy get over nail trimming?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally think a nail grinder will help you because it only takes down the nail as much as you want, there is also a lower risk of getting to the dogs vein and having it bleed! It makes a bit of noise so I would advise that you start slowly (because its a puppy) and just show him the noise the first day( bring some treats just in case) and the second day(if he was okay the 1st day) grind his nails in a very calm and relaxed manner. If you try this please refer back to me on how it goes! Hope I could help,groomer5220

1 - 3 of 3 Posts