Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's how often I was keeping up with Bubba's brushing, trims and baths. I skipped the last one and the resulting dog is a horrendous mess of pre-matted clumps and splotches. Poor big baby, I feel so bad. :( This is the first time the sled dogs all got together and decided to blow coat at the same time, and I neglected Bubba in the process. Looks like I have the next four to six hours accounted for. I just hope the wife doesn't check the forum while at work and see this...

She would kill me if she knew this was going on indoors, IN THE KITCHEN!!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ok harrise, I think I got you beat in this category. I neglected my Golden/BC mix once with the same results - a mass of clumps in an area not readily visible. Welllll, I ended up using the scissors as well as my husbands electric clippers with a number 2 guard to cut the clumps from certain areas. :p
Of course he never found out. Hopefully your wife won't find out what you did either!

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. ;)

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
As long as you get it cleaned up before wifey gets home, she'll never know!

I just used a shedding rake on Lacey last night after a bath on my carpeted living room floor...bad idea, should have gone in the kitchen. We don't have a blowing coat yet, but it's getting there on her flanks and shoulders.

Good luck, looks like a heck of an endeavor!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm stuck. He's hiding in a closet and won't come out even for bacon or ice cream. The worst part is I got partially through one side. I can't have him looking like that out in public. Guess it's time to go back to a sled dog, then see how Bubba feels in a bit.

The clippers... HA! I did that last year with my own hair clippers. The next time I used them on myself it was like shaving with duct tape.

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :mad: I dropped the clippers down the stairs. They are not salvageable. Now I have to do his feet with scissors. Ugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts