Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been just over a week and my poor baby has stopped using one of his back legs. He is about a year and half. I have looked all over his paws and felt along his leg and cant figure out why he is limping. He sometimes will apply pressure on his leg and put usually just holds his leg up. He seems to be in no pain. He has not made a single cry about it even when I massage his leg. I will be taking him to the vet in the next few days but was hoping I could get some help so I wont be shocked by any results... thanks for any input.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
He may have a luxating patella, acl problems, or something else.

Many times dogs won't yelp when they have a problem because animals will usually hide their pain. Even for something like a torn cruciate ligament, they won't yelp, they just won't put their foot down. It is VERY painful though. Imaging having the ligament that supports your knee torn. Painful, to say the least.

The poor dog definitely needs to see a vet. I wouldn't wait another few days.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So its been just over a week and my poor baby has stopped using one of his back legs. ... I will be taking him to the vet in the next few days ...
Please take your dog to the vet NOW and don't wait, chances are the longer you wait the more expensive it becomes to treat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts