Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm from st George Utah. I have a great worry about my up stairs neighbors dog.
This dog is locked on the balcony of this apartment all day long (6-7am to 6:30pm) the weather reacently has been in the high 90 - 100 or more and by next Monday it will be 111. My boyfriends and I worry is this poor pitbull who is only 7 months old sits and does nothing all day long in the heat but scratch every hour or so at the door to be let in and she goes for a good hour and a half at this NON stop. The balcony isn't that big and also has baby stuff out there making it smaller. We have seen metal dog dishes out there but we are worried that if we don't do something it will be like leaving a dog in the car or so that's what we think. We have spoken th the owner who has informed us that the dog has never played with other dogs. We looked up the numbers to our humane Society but we aren't sure if that is the right move. We want more advice and suggestions on it before taking someone's beloved pet away from them.

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
I'd contact animal control or the humane society, whichever has the power to send folks out. This is assuming the dog has no shade and is in danger of the heat. They may not necessarily take the dog away but the owners may be asked to change their behavior or risk that consequence.

I don't think you should talk to the neighbors unless you are already on good terms with them and can speak about the matter in a nonjudgmental way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts