Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
She is adorable!!! :D I am having sort of the same issue myself with my Eddee. He is a Schnauzer/Possible Cairn Terrier ( like Toto ) mix. He should really be stripped and not clipped. I do my own grooming ... so I am going to attempt it.

If I had your little pup ... I would not clip her. I would have the groomer decide what type of hair she has for sure. She may also need stripped depending on her hair type and mix? I would just want a basic groom because their hair does help to insulate them from the heat as well as the cold.

My Schnauzer/Poodles have no undercoat and they risk sunburn amongst other extremes if I clip them too short. Then I must wear a t-shirt on them if they are outside in the sun for any length of time and a sweater or coat in the fall and winter.

This is all just my opinion though. I am not a real groomer! Lol! I just do a fairly decent job after 6 years of practice! Lol! Maybe one of the "real groomers" on the board will stop by ........ they have helped me out tremendously!

Never-the-less ... your pup is precious!!! :D

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
IMHO ... depending on what her mix is ... she could get wire hair ... if she has any wire haired breed in there somewhere? They also make a dry shampoo for dogs that I have used before. It is a foam that you rub in and just towel dry and brush out.

I personally have bathed my Schnauzer/Poodles every two weeks for almost 6 years now without any ill effects ... but every dog is different. I bathe Abbylynn only every 3-6 months due to her breed and she had some dry skin issues as a pup.

Personally I think a good dog shampoo is what the groomers are probably going to suggest. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts