Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while i ago i believe i posted how my dogs fur was just falling out. Well we had took her to the vet and they did some blood tests to see if it was healt related and they said Everything came back great. So they told us to give her a suplement called Missing Link, We have been mixing it in with wet food and it doesnt seem to be doing aything at all, if it has improved just a tiny tiny bit. Anyone else ever have this problem or have an ideas on what i can do? We only bathe her every 3 weeks, Or if she is super dirty/smelly and she gets brushed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
How long have you had her on Missing Link? It can take at a month or two for you to start seeing results. What brand of food are you feeding; you may need to upgrade? Is she itchy at all? Greasy? Dry? Is her skin irritated at all? And what breed is she? If the Missing Link doesn't work, you can try fish oil; lots of people have had success with it. You just have to make sure that your dog is also getting enough Vitamin E, as fish oil either depletes it or doesn't allow it to be absorbed, I can't remember which and I don't feel like looking it up right now. :D Someone else can probably give you more info on that.

I just looked at the ingredients in Missing Link again, and IMO you would be better off with good ol' fish oil...I think dogs can assimilate that much better then flax seed, molasses, rice bran, dried yeast, etc. Fish oil would probably be cheaper too. :) HTH!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has been on it for about a month in a half now. She is on welness She isnt itchy, her skn doesnt seem irritated but her coat is dry. I will look into the fish oil, she is on multivitams right now because of her accident and it is to help her since she lost so much blood.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I would try a grain free food..so far in every single case like this that I have seen, a switch to grain free food solved the problem immedeitly.(I work in a kennel/daycare, I work around 100's of dogs daily, and have seen this a number of times)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really? ill give that a shot too surley aint gonna hurt. Never thought about that either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts