Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this morning at 8, i get up to feed the dogs. chloe starts getting antsy at the window so i look out and say "yeah, chloe, its a dog...." i went to turn around and did a double take and said "oh s**t... its just.... a dog....". so here i go, no shoes, no bra, catching this dog at 8am while people are trying to go to church. (i live a house away from a church) finally i get her and she only has a rabies tag on... great... of course, SUNDAY no vet is open. so i took her to the SPCA (which was closed) and they scanned her for a microchip for me. (thankfully one of my clinets/friends is a director at the SPCA) no microchip..... great. so i drove around for an hour stopping to ask if anyone had ever seen the dog.... no one. i also had put a post on craiglist to call and describe the dog to me. wonderful....

so now here i am with the dog in my kitchen because i cant have it around my dogs. a- i dont know how it is with other dogs/its health and b-chloe is dog aggressive. i feel bad for her, not one person was out looking for the dog that i saw. shes stressing a bit too. looks like she may not spayed either, might have had pups before. hopefully she was spayed though. she looks to be a lab/shar pei. very super friendly and cute. *sigh* what a day....

·
Registered
591 Posts
BLESS YOU !! most people would of ignored the dog its lucky it had you to rescue it and I hope you find the owners , GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
so this morning at 8, i get up to feed the dogs. chloe starts getting antsy at the window so i look out and say "yeah, chloe, its a dog...." i went to turn around and did a double take and said "oh s**t... its just.... a dog....". so here i go, no shoes, no bra, catching this dog at 8am while people are trying to go to church. (i live a house away from a church) finally i get her and she only has a rabies tag on... great... of course, SUNDAY no vet is open. so i took her to the SPCA (which was closed) and they scanned her for a microchip for me. (thankfully one of my clinets/friends is a director at the SPCA) no microchip..... great. so i drove around for an hour stopping to ask if anyone had ever seen the dog.... no one. i also had put a post on craiglist to call and describe the dog to me. wonderful....

so now here i am with the dog in my kitchen because i cant have it around my dogs. a- i dont know how it is with other dogs/its health and b-chloe is dog aggressive. i feel bad for her, not one person was out looking for the dog that i saw. shes stressing a bit too. looks like she may not spayed either, might have had pups before. hopefully she was spayed though. she looks to be a lab/shar pei. very super friendly and cute. *sigh* what a day....
You should be able to call the vet tomorrow. Her people might be away from home and not realize yet that she is missing. When I've called vets on a rabies tag, they've always had me bring in the dog and they call the owner.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know, its just a hassle trying to keep a dog whos stressing out a little bit when you have a dog whos dog aggressive.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Bless you! Just try and remember ... tomorrow will be here before you know it ... even though it is going to seem like an eternity! :)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
But it feels so great when you unite the dog with the owner... especially if the owner is frantic (whether or not clueless :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it is, ive done this many times before. lol. i feel like i do this too often!

this chick also has really high prey drive and i just got a kitten yesterday.... she wants to eat it! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts