Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My dog is almost 7 months old. We've been feeding him twice a day -- once in the morning, around 8:00, and once in the evening, around 6:30-7:00. Lately -- I would say for the past week or so, he hasn't been that interested in his breakfast. Sometimes he'll eat some of it, and sometimes he won't touch it. He ALWAYS eats his dinner -- every bite. He gets about 1 1/4 cups at each meal -- according to the guidelines on the bag for his age and weight. I just add whatever he didn't eat at breakfast to his dinner.
When we first got him, the vet told us to feed him twice a day. Is this the dog's way of telling me that he's ready to start eating one meal a day intstead of two?
Thanks,
Stacey

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, he's still gaining weight and has tons of energy. I did get him to eat the other day by getting him to eat out of my hand and moving it closer and closer to his bowl until he was eating out of the bowl, but my husband is against doing that. He has a vet appointment on Wednesday, so we'll see what she has to say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.