Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the realm of normal or not.
Caeda gets 3 meals a day, and for the last week its been two meals of kibble, one of kibble. Usually kibble for breakfast.
Anyway, we gave her a meal of raw at lunch time (well....closer to 1ish), we hung around the house, didn't do any crazy exercise or anything, some casual walking around the yard etc and she was normal and fine. Around 7 ish we gave her a REALLY good run, (she didn't want to come in!) we normally would have fed her dinner around then but we were out longer than expected in the afternoon-evening.
We came in, she was panting, as expected, took some water (not a big crazy guzzle, just a good drink), about 5 minutes later she threw up...easily half of her lunch came up!
A couple quick notes, she seems fine now, we waited about half an hour and gave her some food and she ate fine. Her belly is normal sized (of course my mind went straight to bloat) I don't think this is an e vet thing at all, but I'm wondering why on earth her LUNCH came up! Shouldn't that have been long gone? Should I be asking the vet about digestive problems? She has been pooing fine, so I doubt there would be a blockage...
Thoughts anybody? Am I worried for no reason or is there something I should be asking about?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
My last dog had the tenderest belly ever, and he threw up a lot. He would throw up a meal from hours ago that looked the same as it went in, but the vet said if it was just an occasional thing, not to worry. Muggsy did not die of digestive issues, btw.

If she continues to throw up, or shows any other sign of illness, an e-vet may be warranted, but once wouldn't concern me.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd been under the impression that raw digested faster....could be wrong. We're on our last couple days worth of raw, we're contemplating going back to straight kibble for a while.
She's been fine since, I'm guessing she just exercised too hard and that caused her to throw up (she is the kind of dog it seems that would run herself to death), I've got to stop her play sooner it looks like, despite no signs of being tired :p
I just find it odd that it was practically undigested. Oh well....she's acting perfectly healthy and happy. Might mention it when she goes for her yearly health checkup in a month or so, but its probably nothign.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts