Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new to the forum and I have a question. We have a 13 yr. old Maltese (Toby) and he usually barks when I pick up his leash, or hears the car door when my husband or I come home. He is eating & drinking, he seems slower than usual. He sometimes misses the futon/couch to jump up and lets me pick him up at times. When he jumps off (we have tile floors) he seems to lose his footing with his front paws and he was jumping up in the back seat of our van until we noticed he didn't yesterday. Like I mentioned, he's 13 yrs. old and that may have something to do with it. I called the vet and they said to let it go for a couple of days as long as he's eating and drinking ok. Well, I don't want to wait and we have an appt. tomorrow morningat 9:15. I know when our 5 yr. old cat (Licorice) lost his meow I was told it had to run its course. He was fine in 2 days. Any suggestions would be most welcome and if anyone has had any experience with loss of barking it would greatly help. Boy, concerned about his NOT barking is a change:) When he does bark it's pretty high pitched and goes right through you. I just want him to be ok. Someone thinks it's due to old age, but not really feeling that. Thanks again for your time:wave:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts