Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly has suddenly begun to dig a few holes in the grassy part of the yard. I have 3 small holes now. I also think I have moles (I've got molehills), and think this is why she has started digging in the lawn. Anyone else have this problem? Any tips on how to get rid of the moles?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Oh my goodness yes...
We don't have them all the time but buddy when there is one ,Shadow has her nose to the ground until she scares it away or catches it.
We get maybe one or two in the summer.
We don't stop her from getting them because, well, we want them gone and haven't figured out how to get rid of them either.
Usually she ends up scarring it away, we've only gotten two "presents" from her so, she doesn't usually catch them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's a mutt. There's some lab in there, but who knows what all else. She doesn't seem to have any terrier traits, but she's truly Heinz 57, so there could be terrier. Someday we'll spend the money and do a DNA test on her. Anyway, Husband and I have been extra watchful these past few days and have caught her in the act, sniffing intently and starting to dig. It happened twice a few days ago, and she hasn't done it again since, so maybe we got our point across. I thought perhaps I would try to flood the mole tunnels, and see if that helps get them out of my yard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts