Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday after a car ride I noticed Reed's nose bleeding. I figured he must have hit his nose when I had to brake quickly, and didn't worry about it - it was very light bleeding. It stopped a few hours later. He would not let me wipe it clean so I think it hurt. Today I noticed some blood in his kennel and blood on the couch, and it looks like it's bleeding again - it's not much but it's still coming.

We already have a vet appointment for tomorrow for a check up.

He's been on Sodium Bromide for idiopathic epilepsy since April. He's had about 10 seizures in that time, the last was over a week ago.

We have not done an MRI at any point.

Any ideas? Should I be really worried about the nose bleed? I really think he hit his face on the car seat but I also think it should have stopped by now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good luck with your pooch at the vet. The vet might recommend a rhinoscopy. My dog has had many nasal problems including reverse sneezing and discharge. Has your dog had nasal discharge too? If the nose bleed is only an isolated incident, I wouldn't be too worried.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I'd get bloodwork done and a thorough check up. I'd want to check for tickborne diseases, nasal tumor, foreign body etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts