Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back in university for the first time in seven years, which means I'm not around here as much anymore. But the weather this weekend was gorgeous, so I wanted to share.

Playing 'spot the poodle'

Tree Forest Woodland Natural environment Northern hardwood forest

Tree Woodland Forest Natural environment Nature reserve

Begging for cookies when we took a break on the mountaintop

Dog Canidae Dog breed Goldendoodle Sky

Dog Canidae Goldendoodle Cockapoo Poodle

Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed Poodle

We found some giant mushrooms...

Dog Canidae Cockapoo Tree Sporting Group

(Don't worry, we know better than to mess with amanitas, though we did find a couple boletus to bring home)

Adventuring is hard work.

Dog Canidae Dog breed Standard Poodle Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sky Mountain Wilderness Tree Grass

Tree Soil Plant community Canidae Grass

Dog Canidae Dog breed Standard Poodle Poodle

Dog Canidae Carnivore Dog breed Sporting Group

Canidae Dog Basset fauve de bretagne Fawn Tree

Canidae Dog Goldendoodle Sporting Group Poodle

Stopped for a snack and some play during today's hike. Lovely weather, but we spotted a few snowflakes coming down on the way home. I hope at least the ice holds off, or some of our regular trails are going to turn treacherous far too soon for my liking.

·
Super Moderator
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately we got a good bit of snow (for October) the day after my last post. Then rain, so now it's a whole lot of gross slush outside. But it's supposed to warm up again for the rest of the week, so I'm not ready to call this the end of our fall just yet. Hiking in snow we can do. But unfortunately, this is a coastal area that tends towards wet, raw, icy winters than a lot of snow cover, especially pre-January. Ugh. Suppose that's our trade-off for relatively early spring/summers.

·
Super Moderator
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wilderness Natural environment Forest Old-growth forest Adventure
Old-growth forest Wilderness Tree Forest Natural environment

King of the mountain. Today was the last hike I'll be able to go with him on for a while, which I'm bummed about. Going in for surgery and it'll probably be a few weeks before I'm up for this kind of activity again (if not a couple months).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.