Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5 month old house trained puppy (only peed inside twice in front of me) that I got 2.5 weeks ago.

I'm just shocked at how much the dude pees, Here's an example from this morning:

9:30 am: take him outside to pee (good amount, even though he only had a few licks of water before bed)
doesnt drink any water afterward
10:00 am: I leave to run an errand, and I leave him in my bedroom.
10:30 am: I get back and he has peed all over my bed, like a huge spot that penetrated through the double layer blanket I let him lay on, and both of my sheets (so lots of liquid)

Not sure where all of this liquid comes from. He won't drink anything, but pee like he drank half a bowl of water. Maybe it builds up and he won't let it all out when outside? Of course now I try to really limit his drinking water unless I am there for several hours to let him out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Young puppies pee A LOT, and they should be confined in places that the pee will not damage, or can be cleaned easily. You should expect to take them out every 2 hours at a minimum. Yes, from your description it does sound like a lot, what does your vet say?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
After he pees the first time in the morning I would give him another 5-10 minutes outside to go again.

You should be crating or confining him while you're gone too so he can't do things like pee on your bed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts