Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Dog Owners... help me with my crazy puppy!

I am new puppy owner and I never had a puppy before ( I always had cats so I am completely new to this...boy what a difference).. so here is where my issue lie...my puppy keeps on biting at us furiously! Every time I try to put his collar on and take him for a walk, i need to wear gloves otherwise he bites my hands to the point they are bleeding... When I do take him outside, he lunges at me the whole time.. at my feet, hands, everything and he also refuses to walk! He just lies down and I need to motivate him to move.. which takes forever, I notice outside, his ears are back and his tail is down and somewhat tucked. At home, he is mostly calm but then he goes into these rages where he just starts jumping at us and biting us viciously ( My hands are covered in scratches and scars).:redface: I say no loudly and firmly but it doesn't do anything, its like he is in a completely different state of mind... is this aggression or a crazy puppy :faint:.. he is 4 months old mutt (probably pit bull mix) and he has plenty of toys and we walk him about 3 times a day for exercise.. HELP!!! :help:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Did you read the bite stops here sticky post at the top?

I can't say aggression or play but my dog did try some nipping play a bit like the indoor behavior you described. The yelling "ouch" method didn't work with mine it just made him more excited (which could look like aggression). Turning my back to him and Ignoring him or a 30sec time out in the bathroom did make a big difference though.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I think he's just being a puppy, and likely a teething puppy at that.

Check out the sticky called "The Bite Stops Here".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts