Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dog is now 5 months old and a very VERY zen, mild mannered dog- rarely barks except in play, goes limp rather than resist, doesn't jump. Chill little dog.

But I wonder if it is typical for a dog to come home, fall asleep or just lie around and to just spend the night on the couch? She occasionally will play rounds of fetch and we bury things in cushions and such for her to dig for (and she loves her wobble feeder, she bats that and barks) and on her walks is very active and interested and bouncy

But to me, as a human, it seems like moping. And sometimes she will sigh. But is it normal dog rest? Her days are busy with walks and dog parks, etc.

I'm new at this and worry a lot about her being happy- can you talk me down?

·
Registered
149 Posts
My dog is extremely chilled out. He is 2 years old, and isn't really interested in too much play time. We go on walks, he enjoys them, we go to the dog park... and other than that- he sleeps, and lies around. I'm fairly certain it's very normal for dogs to sleep a lot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is perfectly normal. Sounds like she is a busy little girl during the day and just tired when she gets home! My dogs are 3 and 4 now, but they have always slept a fair amount.

The sighing is normal too. It doesn't mean she is bored, just relaxed. My dogs will lay down, stretch and sigh.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Totally normal. That sounds exactly like my dog, in fact. Some dogs don't ever seem to slow down and some dogs are very chill.

Sighing is contentment and relaxation in dogs. I can even get Kabota to sigh by doing it myself. I can also get him to yawn.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sounds like my dog. Perfectly normal, I'd say. I also think the sighing is about the cutest thing on earth (other than doggy snoring, of course).

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
What breed(s) is she? If her days are busy with walks and dog parks, she's probably just a little tuckered. And a tired dog is a good dog. If you are really concerned, check with your vet to make sure there is nothing physical. But if she's doing the walks and playing happily at the dog park, I'd guess she's probably just not a high energy pup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts