Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as most of you have heard, there was a big snow storm moving across the North East. Philadelphia was supposed to get a whopping 5-8 inches......guess not.

Wake up and we have about an inch, schools open, and theres blizzard conditions out. What a bummer....:(

Hunter didn't even get to enjoy it because the plows came by and I don't want him eating the nasty street dirty snow. So me and my boyfriend trudged to class this morning, with high wind gust and ice crystals smacking us in the face, and had school.....boo.

So.....to cheer me up, feel free to share how much snow YOU got, or didn't get...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
691 Posts
We have about 6-8 inches so far, and it's supposed to snow all day. I hate it. Thankfully, Chloe loves it and will potty outside no matter how much snow is on the ground!

I am able to work at home when this happens, as I do home visits for a social service agency and they never ever expect us to risk our safety when there are bad driving conditions. We get super fantastic perks like this in exchange for a sucky salary!

The town cancelled school today, as well as every town surrounding me. The roads are a mess, it's windy and freezing. It took my mom 2 hours to drive to work today, a usual 35 minute drive.

I'm done with winter.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
ROFL

The last 2 days we had snow/rain/snow/smizzle...

Now it's snowing sideways and we're supposed to get about 3 feet in the next 2 days with 40mph gusts.

Yes, our schools were cancelled...

I'm supposed to work the graveyard shift tonight. Hopefully we get plowed sometime today or it's going to be interesting trying to get my car out...

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I haven't seen snow in years...I live in North GA and pretty much every north and metro county got snow over the last couple days except where I am. :( My dogs love the cold weather and I know they'd love snow, but none of them have ever seen it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even though I had school yesterday, I was done classes early and was able to take Hunter up to my college grounds and let him run around in the snow. He loved it! He would put his whole face in then bound around in circles, lol. I wish I had a camera to show you his snow mustache and white nose.

I hope your dogs get to experiance snow, maybe a trip to some mountain area with snow?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I live just outside of Philly also and we got hit pretty hard where I live. I think they said 8-10 inches. I was a lucky one though, I got a snow day. So I had great plans to sleep in and then take Rosie for a long snowy walk. Unfortunately when I woke up I had a huge migraine and was out of commission the rest of the day. ugh...

The roads were actually still pretty bad coming in this morning. I hate March snow storms! I can't wait for spring!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts