Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New problem with my 12 week old puppy. It just keeps getting more interesting. With the nicer weather the neighboors are letting their dogs out more. When I take mine out and she sees them or hears them bark, she makes a b-line to the door and won't do her business. She's bound to go in the house by the time all the dogs outside get taken in.

I tried to give her treats going outside like one of the stickys talked about but she's just too wired up to go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
New problem with my 12 week old puppy. It just keeps getting more interesting. With the nicer weather the neighboors are letting their dogs out more. When I take mine out and she sees them or hears them bark, she makes a b-line to the door and won't do her business. She's bound to go in the house by the time all the dogs outside get taken in.

I tried to give her treats going outside like one of the stickys talked about but she's just too wired up to go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Just stay out there until she goes, a 12 week puppy can't hold it that long.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would stay out there with her too. She needs to know it is okay to be in her back yard when other dogs are out. Maybe you could get her to chase a ball or start training her for 15 min. outside.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all!!

Staying outside works for her doing #1 but she held her #2 from 6:00am to 4:00pm (when there were no dogs out.)

I started her playing with a tennis ball outside and she was having a great time until she heard a dog bark then she bolted into the house. I couldn't keep her outside other than picking her up and holding her or let her choke herself on the leash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts