Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from getting the dogs some Christmas stuff at the Hollywood feed store. :wave:

Everything there was a LOT cheaper than Petco + I did not have to sign up for any goofy card (like the Petco card).

The collars I bought were 1/2 of what similar collars cost at Petco (but still made in USA), The food I normally buy was $6.00 cheaper per bag + they have a thing going on with Iams so that after I buy 4 bags the 5th is FREE, The big tennis balls were a dollar cheaper each... They got about a hundred bucks from me today but it would have been a lot worse at Petco. :)

Also, Found out last week when I was calling the Petco customer service number that they outsource that part of their business. I recognized the accent of the customer service lady and asked her a few questions about where she was from. Calls go to SanFransisco and then get redirected overseas to a call center. I did not ask the girl about her pay but I know for a fact that in her country the average wage is less than $10.00 USD per day. One would think that with higher prices they could at least hire American workers to answer their customer service calls... That sort of miffed me when I figured it all out.

Glad I was able to save so much on the kibble. My girls eat a LOT! LOL! :)

·
Banned
168 Posts
Wow. That is much cheaper. o_O

You make me wanna start buying my stuff from a Hollywood feed store[if we even have one in my area]! x3

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. That is much cheaper. o_O

You make me wanna start buying my stuff from a Hollywood feed store[if we even have one in my area]! x3

Petco wanted $36.00 EACH for similar collars. I got both of these for less than what Petco wanted for one... These seem VERY well made and sturdy.

Got to save wherever we can! Dogs can get really expensive if one is not careful! :)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Feed stores are great. Mine even gives me a 10% discount (on top of their already-low prices) because I buy so much pet food.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feed stores are great. Mine even gives me a 10% discount (on top of their already-low prices) because I buy so much pet food.
I am kicking myself for not figuring out sooner! We go through about 40lbs of kibble every three weeks or so and the difference is a lot when you look at it over a year.

This feed store I was at today even had a freezer/cooler with REAL meaty bones (uncooked) in it. Never seen one of those at Petco before. Could not buy any though as they were too small for the girls. I miss the old days when you could buy an entire cow femur (with a bit of meat still on it) at the local grocery for pennies per lb. LOL! Not anymore!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I miss the old days when you could buy an entire cow femur (with a bit of meat still on it) at the local grocery for pennies per lb. LOL! Not anymore!
If you ask to meet the head butcher personally at Safeway (or wherever) often you can get them to set aside 'trash' pieces like that for you. They can't give them away, but they are really cheap. Otherwise they get sent off to the rendering plant or just thrown away.

·
Banned
168 Posts

Petco wanted $36.00 EACH for similar collars. I got both of these for less than what Petco wanted for one... These seem VERY well made and sturdy.

Got to save wherever we can! Dogs can get really expensive if one is not careful! :)
Those are some VERY nice studded collars. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts