Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Sorry I couldn't introduce myself but this has really got us worried. My dog yesterday just had 8 puppies, and we've noticed that 3 of them are stiff, won't even walk or anything. Though they are still alive because they've suck out of the bottle we feed them milk from. I've looked every where for solutions. They say the pup is dehydrated, its common for them to go stiff then back to 'regular', etc.

Then when you handle them, they are really cold, not freezing. The ones that are stiff & cold have been crying, if you need a sample of what they sound like(maybe that will help you better determine).

The girl got pregnant by her father, if that means anything, or if the dogs come out "not right" sort of like humans do. It's her first time getting pregnant.

We've tried to warm up them up, by putting them in a cardboard box with warm towels, but the mother just picks them up and puts them right back where they were.

If anyone knows what do? Or whether we are worrying too much?

Need pictures or anything, tell me, I'll be on this thread all day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We don't have a vet, sort of. We went to a clinic to get all the dogs shots and everything. I'll ask my mom for the number to see if we have one.

EDIT: She's calling right now to ask if it's normal or what we can do.

Has this happened to anyone before? So they can tell me what they did?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
You need to call a vet not be on the internet. Those puppies might be in trouble and with newborn dogs, they can go from ok to bad in an hours time.

Why in the WORLD did you let her have these babies when there was such inbreeding? You should have aborted them with a spay. There is a good chance those babies are going to lead messed up lives.

Edit:
Nvm.. Your underage. your parents are the irresponsible ones here... They need to go to the vet. Grab a phone book and call every vet in town if you have too. No such thing as not having vet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We're never at home, either I'm at school, or my parents at work. We all come home around 6, so it could of happen anytime from 7am to 6pm.

We never knew they would do that, they were our first dogs. I'm sorry.

We're getting the male dog neutered, so this will never happen again.

EDIT: The vet said to remove the healthy dogs and put the more sicks one closer to the mom.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
This post is NOT Dircted at Classic at all...

Whoever gave me a Neg rep, Thats really nice. You don't come onto a forum asking for health advice. In fact read the board:
*Important - All serious concerns with your dog's health and well-being should be handled by a Veterinarian, so please refrain from asking questions that are best suited for their office.
They bred A dad and daughter! Accident or not, there is a good chance of these babies having major issues later in life. They don't even have the time to take care of these two dogs by the sounds of it.

Next time you have an issue with me, don't hide behind the rep system, Pm me. I'd LOVE to talk about it

Reactions: BoxMeIn21

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to whoever gave you the bad rep, but you've really helped me, emotional wise. We made a mistake so I want to fix it, so Thanks DarkMoon

What they vet said, it's not working, they are sort of lifeless. Their brothers and sister just push them out and end up outside the pile. If I try to put them elsewhere the mother either picks them up or they come crawling. EVEN if they didn't do this, the 3 pups aren't sucking milk from her tit.

I just finished putting some warm pillow covers on them, hopefully they helps them get warmer.

They are a mix of a pure lhasa apso and lhasa apso/maltese(sp?) if that means anything.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
This post is NOT Dircted at Classic at all...

Whoever gave me a Neg rep, Thats really nice. You don't come onto a forum asking for health advice. In fact read the board:

They bred A dad and daughter! Accident or not, there is a good chance of these babies having major issues later in life. They don't even have the time to take care of these two dogs by the sounds of it.

Next time you have an issue with me, don't hide behind the rep system, Pm me. I'd LOVE to talk about it
What a sissy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Classic, I see that your parents have plans to get the male neutered and that is great. I would highly recommend that the female is spayed as soon as she is able. Any other male in the area can come to visit her and she could end up in the same trouble again. Keep in mind that male dogs can smell a female dog in heat for miles and will do amazing things to get at her.
I think it is time to physically take the puppies to the vet before it is too late.

·
Super Moderator
12,147 Posts
Thank you, Darkmoon, for trying to help and shame on whoever anonymously berated you for that. Around here, we call that chicken-****.

This is exactly the kind of situation and question this forum is NOT intended for and so I'm closing this thread. Whoever is in charge of those dogs, please see a vet before it's too late. It may already be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.