Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time to the site. I have a couple of questions that I am looking for some help on. One is, I have a 4 year old purebread yellow lab and lately his rear end just reeks. I keep washing and bathing him and within a couple of days his rear stinks again. I am afraid if I continue I may dry his skin or damage his coat. Any suggetions or thoughts?

My second questions is: Being a yellow lab he is a shedder. I use my shop vac to clean up the pet hair. I am continually replacing the filter to the shop vac because of all the pet hair clogging it, its starting to get expensive. Does anyone have any ideas that may help save my filters.

Thanks in advance and I will try to post some photos of Max soon!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Have you had his anal glans checked?

Also try brushing him more often. dont know what you feed, but a change in to maybe a higher quality can help reduce shedding.

People are amazed my collie hardly sheds anything. even in "shedding season" lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
hola

i'll let someone more knowledgeable answer the rear question.
but my Q to the is what are you feeding him? does your dog have a long coat? have you trimmed around his back area, to keep poo from collecting on his coat?

your shop vac should still work without the filters, correct?
just remove the filters when cleaning his hair, or use some other vacuum that doesn't use filteration. maybe hit up target or walmart and pick up a cheapy for his hair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts