Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

We have just become the owners of an adorable 14 week old Papillion pup, the breeder told us they go through an "ugly stage", where they lose all their fur. I have looked online out of interest to see what he will look like at this stage but have been unable to find any pictures. Does anyone have any pictures showing a dog at this stage?

Thanks in advance :)

Dee

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Hello! We need more papillons here. There's quite a few pap owners so I'm sure they'll all post pictures of their crew. Of mine, i've only had three of them since they were pups. Beau went through an awful uglies stage but I didn't realize it until he was older and I looked back at pictures. He was so skinny and lanky. Bernard never went through the uglies. He was one day a cute puppy and the next he looked adult. I look back at pictures and it just isn't there. Summer was way awkward as a youngster but I didn't own her at the time and have no pictures. She's still lanky, shorter haired, and big footed so as a teen she was just totally awkward.

My newest is just hitting the 'uglies'. All legs and so skinny with short hair.

my friend's Phalene Lacey is near the same age. We were comparing the 'uglies' the other day.

They don't go through as awkward a stage as some breeds though. shelties are one of the worsts.

Braylor's also has a lot of pics of dogs aging which could be helpful- http://www.braylorspapillons.com/sires.htm

Just click a name on the sires or dams pages and you can see them grow up.

ETA: I think this is the 7th papillon puppy on DF now! Crazy!

Post pictures, we love to see them! :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
yay another papillon :) Mine is 15 weeks old and i don't think we've hit the uglys stage yet :) She is having a growth spurt though and is getting lanky and skinny! You'll have to put some pics on of your pup.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Hi

Thanks for all your replies and for sharing you photos with me, I am more than happy to share some photos with you all :)

I have uploaded some to a web page.

http://www.lm-lakeland-design.co.uk/Louis/Louis.html

He has the whole family wrapped around his little finger already ;)

Take Care

Dee
We've got another one that looks like Nia and Roxy! We have triplet paps!

You can see here, scroll allll the way down to 2 comparison pics I posted =) That's Roxy and Nia, both red sables. From one side of their face they look pretty similar and pretty much like Louis too haha.
http://www.dogforums.com/8-dog-pictures-forum/60323-my-2-pappys.html

·
Registered
19,018 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank :)

Ye I see what you mean, it's just like looking at Louis. I showed hub the pictures and he coulded believe just how much he looks like Nia and Roxy :)

How old are Nia and Roxy?

Dee

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Nia is 2 days shy of 10 months old. She's not that light colored anymore. She's more of a dark sable currently mostly on her forehead but the colors are still changing. and she lost quite a lot of her blaze so she's only got a thin line.

Nia now:

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is what the uglies look like in an aussie. Lol I hope you don't mind

This has got be the least ugly dog with the apparent 'uglies'.
You have no idea what your talking about:p
He beautiful:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts