Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have only just signed up to this forum so would like to introduce my self my names Leigh and i have a 9 month old staffie cross rottweiler called Bruno who is 10 months old he is my everything and my baby i couldnt imagine my life without my Bruno.

I am in need of advice currently me and my other half are looking for a new puppy to rehome for our bruno to have a play mate we have seen this BEAUTIFUL mastiff cross she is a bitch and has been spayed and is 10 months old which is exactly what we are looking for she has lived with a male dog before and when we met her she is the most friendliest tamest pup i have ever met she reminds me of my pup. So this friday we are bringing Bruno over to meet her and to see how they get along with each other. ONLY problem is the owners are saying she has kc paper .. this is obviously a lie as this pup is not full breed and this is a BIG put off for me he is charging 450 for this pup that isnt full breed what do you think?

Are we doing the right thing? will they adjust to each other will it be manic having 2 puppies together? advice please!:D

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
"KC paper" could be anything, and not necessarily a lie, depending on the paper writer - KC papers are not all that regulated and for an unsuspecting buyer or unknowing buyer, they can seem to have value (very few do). So, if you're asking me if $450 is too much for a mixed bred pup, yes! And if this breeding was on purpose, I wouldn't pay $1 - but that's my value system I'm giving you there.

I have no idea if you're doing the right thing, but expect twice the work, and time investment. If you can handle that, well, who am I to say if it is right or wrong.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"KC paper" could be anything, and not necessarily a lie, depending on the paper writer - KC papers are not all that regulated and for an unsuspecting buyer or unknowing buyer, they can seem to have value (very few do). So, if you're asking me if $450 is too much for a mixed bred pup, yes! And if this breeding was on purpose, I wouldn't pay $1 - but that's my value system I'm giving you there.

I have no idea if you're doing the right thing, but expect twice the work, and time investment. If you can handle that, well, who am I to say if it is right or wrong.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey thanks for the reply,

The price has gone down now to 285 which is still high but she will be coming with all of her belongs as in food bed toys lead harness etc i called up the owner today and asked him about what papers he has for her and he said she comes with all vet bills and health checks and proof that she has been spayed so there is no kc papers so someones got confused down the line so thats put me at ease, he is selling her due to a new baby and doesnt want a dog around his newborn ...

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
No advice ..... Just saying hello and welcome! :) I will be looking forward to seeing photos pf your pup(s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts