Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will post more details in the appropriate forum as why I chose to join, but here's a quick intro of my and my babies.

I live in Utah with my 5 wonderful dogs, I'm also owned by 5 cats (an old Ragdoll and 4 Sphynx cats) (gotta keep it balanced LOL). I show Italian Greyhounds and Afghans, as well as founding and running a rescue group dedicated to helping Sighthounds (Afghans, Saluki, Greyhound, whippets, IGs, ETC) and occasionally other breeds when I can.

Here's a little about my dogs
Lola - My beauty queen, a show dog with attitude! Lola came to live with me when her previous owner (now her co-owner) decided Lola deserved more of a home life vs the kennel life she was getting with her. Her co-owner knew I was considering an Afghan Hound and had known me for some time, Lola had bonded to me the first time we met at a show, and eventually she offered to let Lola come live with me - the rest is history!
Hannah - My show IG, a wonderful companion and a real pain in my butt LOL The best always are!
Aiyana - The apple of my eye, she is my little princess! I love all my dogs, but it's little Aiyana that has me wrapped around her pretty little toes! Aiyana is a total princess! She is also my service dog, it's a rare moment that you ever see me with little Aiyana by my side or in my arms, we're almost never apart!
Sara - The baby of the family, she joined the family 2 months ago as my latest show hopeful. She's a real handful as most puppies are and broke her leg only a week after she came to live with me - Thankfully it's healing well and I still hope to be able to show her.
Portia - She's the old lady of the family, she's a rescue I took in with multiple issues, who instantly attached herself to me, and after a couple months of saying I was going to find her a home, I finally gave into her and adopted her myself.

And of course, my angels
- Jamie, my heart hound, the most wonderful Afghan ever, sadly, after my home caught fire I had no other option but to place her in a boarding kennel this past winter while I searched for temporary housing that would allow a big dog. Sadly, due to their negligence Jamie escaped, and was hit by an SUV, resulting in a severed spinal cord and me having no other way to keep her from a life of extreme pain but letting her go.
- Treasure, the first rescue in many years to instantly connect with me! I knew the moment I brought in the 22 mill dogs she came in with that she was coming home with me forever. Sadly, the place I found to stay with a friend while I awaited repairs on my house had it's own dogs, and my friends' dogs attacked old Treasure, resulting in enough trama to cause her to start seizing despite immediate vet attention when she was attacked. After 5 days of fighting to keep her with me, the seizures became worse, and she was dying despite everything, and I had to once again make the difficult decision to let her go. She died 3 days before Christmas, just over a month after Jamie. I've had many dogs, and lost many dogs over the years - But Treasure and Jamie where extra special, and their tragic deaths still haunt me. They may be gone, but they will never be forgotten!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely, as soon as I figure out how LOL I tried to even add an avatar and wasn't successful, I'll work on it more tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts